Chapter 7

After Aku leaves, Vanya begins getting ready in her room.

Meanwhile, Sahil is pacing anxiously, worried that he may have hurt Vanya more than he realized. His guilt overwhelms him, and after gathering his courage, he decides to check on her.

Sahil quietly opens the door to Vanya's room and sees her sitting on the bed, trying to apply antiseptic cream to her wounded shoulder. Her hand can't quite reach the injured spot.

Sahil walks over to her, his voice soft yet filled with regret.

Sahil: "Vanya... you're hurt because of me. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have behaved like that."

Vanya doesn't respond, but it's clear she's deeply affected by his words, feeling both hurt and conflicted.

Sahil: "Your hand can't reach, right? Let me help you."

Vanya: "No, Sahil, I can manage..."

Sahil: "Vanya... please, let me."

Without waiting for her to argue further, Sahil gently takes the cream from her hand. As his fingers glide across her skin, carefully applying the antiseptic, Vanya shivers. A warmth spreads through her as her body reacts involuntarily to his touch. It's as though time itself has slowed down, and for a brief moment, they are both lost in another world.

Sahil finishes applying the cream and carefully bandages her wound. Vanya turns to face him, their eyes locking in a charged silence. For a few intense seconds, it feels like the world around them has faded away, and it's just the two of them, lost in each other's gaze.

But the moment breaks, and Sahil steps back.

Sahil: "I should go."

He turns and leaves the room, the air heavy with unspoken emotions.

Later, Sahil arrives at the engagement venue, standing beside Rachit. He's dressed in a royal blue sherwani, looking every bit the part, but his mind is elsewhere.

Moments later, Vanya descends with Aku. Sahil is left speechless as he watches her enter the venue. She's dressed in a stunning royal blue lehenga, her hair flowing loosely down her back. The color perfectly complements her, and she looks breathtaking.

Sahil can't tear his eyes away from her, completely lost in her beauty.

Vanya busies herself with some preparations for the event when someone calls her name from behind.

Voice: "Vanya?"

She turns around and is surprised to see Sourav standing there.

Sourav: "Vanya! It's been so long-five years! I can't believe it. You disappeared on us!"

Vanya: "No, I just... I had to focus on other things."

Sourav: "Forget about that! Tell me, how have you been?"

Vanya: "I've been fine. What about you?"

Sourav: "I'm doing well too."

They exchange a few more words before Vanya excuses herself, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

As she turns to leave, her foot slips, and she nearly falls. But before she hits the ground, Sourav catches her.

Sourav: "Whoa! Be careful. Are you okay?"

Vanya: "Yeah, I'm fine."

What Vanya doesn't realize is that Sahil had been watching the entire exchange from a distance. He holds a glass of water in his hand, his jaw clenched in anger. Seeing Sourav catch Vanya ignites a fury within him, and in a moment of pure frustration, he tightens his grip, shattering the glass in his hand.