🌸Awakening In Paradise

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

I've been living in the shadows of my family's expectations for so long, I forgot what it means to be truly alive. But with her, I feel like I can finally breathe. I'm scared, Sweetheart. I'm scared of losing you, of losing myself. But with you by my side, I feel like I can conquer the world.

~ Lee Heeseung

You're not alone, Love. I'm here, and I'll walk with you through the darkness. We'll find the light together. In your eyes, I see a love so pure, so strong. It's a love that can heal wounds, mend broken hearts, and bring hope to the hopeless.

~ Kim Nina

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

Heeseung's hands trembled slightly as he held Nina's hand, leading her across the campus grounds. The sun had set, casting a warm orange glow over the buildings and trees. They strolled past the bustling student union, the library, and the cafeteria, finally reaching the secluded rooftop access.

As they climbed the stairs, the sounds of the campus faded away, replaced by the distant chirping of crickets and the gentle rustling of leaves. Heeseung's heart raced with anticipation and nervousness.

On the rooftop, they found a quiet spot overlooking the campus, the city skyline twinkling in the distance. Heeseung spread a blanket on the ground, and they sat down together, hands still clasped.

Nina looked at him with curious eyes. "What's going on, Heeseung? You've been acting strange all day."

Heeseung took a deep breath, his voice barely above a whisper. "I have something to tell you, Nina. Something I should have told you a long time ago."

He pulled out a worn, folded letter from his pocket, his fingers tracing the creases. "This was my first letter to you, Nina. I wrote it when we were kids, after I...disappeared from your life. We didn't had each other's contact info, and so I resorted to write a letter to you but unfortunately, I wasn't able to mail it.."

Nina's eyes widened, her grip on his hand tightening. Heeseung handed her the letter and told her to read it. He was too embarrassed to read it himself.

Heeseung's voice cracked as he continued, "I was so scared, so lost. But I found solace in writing to you, in pouring out my heart to you, even if I never sent it. I know it sounds cliché but My mom didn't let me out of house so, I wasn't able to meet you at our park too."

As the stars began to twinkle above, Nina unfolded the letter, her voice shaking as she read the words he had written so many years ago. Nina read, her eyes brimming with tears, her heart overflowing with emotion.

The night air was filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers, the sound of Nina's voice, and the gentle beating of their hearts, now forever entwined. The letter wrote :

Dear Nini,

I'm so sorry I have to leave. I already miss you so much! My heart hurts every day because I'm not with you. Mom forbade me from going out, I am not able to go to School also. I am sorry, I didn't came.