Chapter 10

Alessandro went home.

Alessandro saw his son Kairos sitting on the couch,two man had a complicated relationship and it showed in the air of tension in the room.

Kairos:"Another day , another problem huh!" He said his tone sarcastic.

Alessandro:"You could say that. You know Kairos you could help me instead of adding them." He said cooly.

Kairos rolled his eyes.

Kairos:"Yeah,Yeah I know the perfect son always there to save the day. But that's not my style. I have my own interests to take care of."

Alessandro sneered,his patient's wearing thin.

Alessandro:"Your interests one going to get you into trouble one day. You need to start taking responsibility and thinking about the family"

Kairos let out a humorless laugh.

Alessandro:"Family? That's all you can said about isn't it. Over money, control,it's always about damn family business. You said family... Are we? We are not family since you killed my mom!

Alessandro expression didn't falter.

Alessandro:"You're bringing up your mother again" his voice low and dangerous.

Kairos:"You still don't regret it do you? You killed her and you don't even care!"

Alessandro:"I did what needed to be Your mother was a problem and I solved it. That's the way this world works."

Kairos clenched his fists. His anger rising.

Kairos:"YOUR UNAVAILABLE,! SHE WAS YOUR WIFE! MY MOTHER! AND YOU JUST TOSSED HER ASIDE LIKE A YESTERDAY TRASH!"

Alessandro:"Mahina sya ,Hindi nya kaya e handle Ang katotohanan, I did what is the best." Walang emosyon nitong sabi.

Kairos:"WHAT WAS BEST? YOU CALL MURDERING YOUR WIFE WHATS BEST? YOUR A MONSTER! THATS WHAT YOU ARE!

Alessandro:"And your naive fool. You think the world is black and white? You don't understand the sacrifices that need to be made."

Kairos:"Is that how you justify all the blood on your hands ,all the lives you've destroyed for the sake of power and wealth?!"

Alessandro:"Power and wealth one necessary if we want to to survive in this world. It's killed or to be killed. And I'll do whatever it takes ensure what is mine. Even if it means getting my hands dirty."

Napailing nalang sa Galit si Kairos , nakatingin sa kanyang ama ng may pagkamuhi.

Kairos:"I can't believe I share your blood. I would never become like you!I've got my own plans"

Alessandro:"Your right, you never will. I don't need a fool like you anyway. Just don't expect me to bill you out when you're plans fail.

Umakyat si Alessandro sa taas at nag tungo sa kwarto nya.

{Alessandro Pov:}

I pushed to open the heavy door in my room and I stepped inside, closing the door behind me. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated with large bed against the wall and goak dest,the room was cold and uninviting.

I walked over In the table and poured a glass of bourbon. I took a sip the alcohol burning down in my throat. I walked over to the window and looked out. Looking at the moon and star. The lights twinkled in the distance reminder of the beauty and the pain that coexisted in this world.

I had sacrificed loyalty,even my own morals. And I didn't regret it. The power and the wealth I had amassed over years had been worth.

I took another sip of my drink as memories of my doomed marriage with Cecelia,bumabalik sa alala ko. It had been a business arrangements more than love,and it had ended in tragedy with Cecelia losing her life in my hands. I drained the rest of my drink, the alcohol dulling my senses just enough. Naupo ako sa dulo ng kama ko, my mind swirling with thoughts of the past and the future.

I leaned back against the headboard. My mind wondering to the woman from club . I couldn't remember her face because it was dark,but I remembered the thrill of our encounter. I knew that it was dangerous to get involved with someone outside of my world,but I cant help it I want to see her again. I closed my eyes, letting the memories from the night wash over me. I could almost feel her soft skin beneath my hands,her body pressed against me. I could almost hear her sweet moans in my ears.