Chapter 8

{One year later}

{Alessandro Pov:}

My gaze flicked over the around of the party. It was a gathering of the city elite ,the rich and powerful ,all dressed up and making polite conversation. I still can't the girl.

I saw woman in revealing dresses trying to catch my eyes,but I didn't feel even a flicker of interest. My mind was still filled with thoughts of the girl from the girl .

I took sip of my drink.

"You seem alone right now"  smirk.

I glanced towards the voice and saw Dark princess standing there ,she was wearing mask as usual the only part of her face that was visible and I could tell that she was having smirk

"Ano ginagawa mo Dito?" Cold tone.

I heard her chuckled. Sabay lapit nya at naupo sa tabi kong saan ako nakaupo.

Dark princess:"Oh I'm just attending the party. Hmmm no pretty young thing on your arm to night?"

"Hindi ko kaylangan ng pretty young thing ngayun."  Taking a sip from my drink.

Dark princess:"Is that so. Why do you look so booding and out of sorts tonight is there who's got your attention?"

I gritted my teeth, annoyed.

"It's none of your business"

Dark princess:"If you don't want to tell me then I'll give a riddle instead"

"Stop playing around and don't waste my time"

Dark princess:"Hahah I'm not,and it's important riddle you know"

I know she was definitely playing around with me but I have no choice.

"Tsk. what is your fucking riddle?"

Dark princess:"This is the riddle. In a hurry they dashed away leaving behind the echoes of three"

I scowled as I tried to make sense of the riddle. I wasn't much for words game ,and dark princess knew it . But I couldn't deny that her cryptic words had. Pigued my curiosity.

"Echoes of three?what do you mean"

Tumayo sya.

Dark princess:"See you next time Mr. Alessandro "  sabay lakad nya paalis .

I watched as she walked away, disappearing in the crowd. I was left sitting there feeling frustrated and more irritated than before. I hated riddle especially from people like dark princess who seemed to derive enjoyment from my annoyance.

I decided to grab another drink hoping that the alcohol could help drown out of my thoughts. But even as I sipped of my drink,my mind keep returning to the riddle.

My inner mind:"What did it means? And why did it feel like there was a deeper meaning to her words"

"In a hurry they dashed away leaving behind the echoes of three"

Those words seemed to echo in my mind . Why couldn't she just give me a straight answer for once.

"Tsk" take another sip of my drink.