twenty-four

number seven in #lloyd? when did that happen??

-august 13, 2024

As far as the eye could see, city streets illuminated by neon lamps stretched across the level ground of Prime Empire. Muffled music boomed from the dance clubs tucked into each alleyway.

"Guys, welcome to Terra Technica," Jay said, extending his arms to gesture to the cityscape surrounding them. "The second Key-Tana is here, but the only way to win it is to be crowned champion in the Speedway Five-Billion."

The sky was pitch black, but the light shining from windows to nowhere was more than enough to set the night ablaze. Y/n and Lloyd walked hand in hand, hanging slightly behind the group of ninja.

The severe shortage of sunsets was something Y/n truly hated about Prime Empire. It was always either blinding day or starless night. The only transitional period present was the white glow of arcade cabinet portals.

The image of a fire orange sky and sun burning over the horizon immediately painted a million memories in her head.

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

At seven thirty-six sharp, Y/n glanced out the window to confirm she'd been correct in her predictions. The store was quiet enough to handle her absence, she decided. Y/n hurried to the back of the shop, pushing through a spray of hanging beads that served as a curtain of sorts to divide the storefront from the storage space.

"Mystake, may I- ?"

The elderly lady looked up from the pot of tea she was currently brewing. The crow's feet wrinkles on the outer corners of her eyes crinkled as she smiled at the younger girl. "Of course, child."

Considering they went through this exact process every single day, it wasn't surprising that Mystake had Y/n's little inquiry memorized.

Beaming, Y/n bowed respectfully to the woman. She pulled her employee apron off over her head and hung it on the hook fastened to the wall. In a flash, she was bolting out of the store, leaving the bells above the door singing in her wake.

She caught the eight o'clock bus to Borg Tower, taking a vacant window seat.

She watched buildings slide by through the glass. She watched how the baby blue sky began to darken. Subconsciously, she smiled.

She thought the world was so beautiful.

She only wished she had someone to share this with.

The bus slowed to a stop in the shadow of the towering skyscraper in the center of Ninjago City. Y/n thanked the driver, who knew her by name at that point and wished her a good evening.