chapter 16: he's awake

I woke up to the blinding lights of the hospital room. Everything felt like a dream-a twisted, surreal nightmare I couldn't escape from. My body was heavy, like I had been weighed down by a thousand chains. But the real shock came when I saw the nurse standing over me, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"He's actually awake,"

she whispered, as if she couldn't believe it herself. She turned quickly, calling out for more staff. The room buzzed with activity, but I didn't care. All I could think about was the fact that I was conscious again, that the haze I'd been lost in for what felt like an eternity had finally lifted.

Izuku:How long have I been out?

My voice was hoarse, barely a croak.

The nurse hesitated before responding.

Nurse:It's close to four months, sir.

Four months. The words hit me like a punch to the gut. I slumped back against the pillows, the weight of that realization settling in. Four months of nothingness. Four months where the world kept turning without me, and here I was, stuck in this sterile room like a prisoner.

I glanced down at my wrists and noticed the quirk suppression bracelets strapped around them. The irony of it all made me chuckle darkly. Did they really think these flimsy cuffs could hold me? Even without my quirk, I was still far stronger than any normal human. I could break out of this place if I wanted to no, if I needed to.

And plus I can adapt to the quirk supression bracelets and actually become immune to it

Seriously adaption is a broken ability

The thought of escape began to form in my mind, but before I could act on it, the door creaked open. Tsukauchi walked in, his face lined with exhaustion and concern.

Tsukauchi:Izuku, you're okay

he said, relief evident in his voice.

As soon as I saw him, everything came rushing back. The memories, the battles, the blood on my hands it all slammed into me like a tidal wave. I felt my stomach churn with guilt, but I shoved it down. Now wasn't the time to dwell on that. I had to face the consequences.

I stared at him, my eyes narrowing.

Izuku:Let me guess... I'm in deep trouble, right? How many years am I supposed to spend in Tartarus?"

Tsukauchi sighed, his shoulders slumping.

Tsukauchi:after what you did... yes, you are going to spend a lot of time there. And... several of the heroes you fought are permanently-

I cut him off, a sudden idea sparking in my mind.

Izuku:then use my blood instead.

His brow furrowed in confusion.

Tsukauchi:Excuse me?

"My blood," I repeated.

Izuku:I can regenerate, even if I'm sliced in half. My blood has a healing factor. Use it to help them.

(Unlike a silver haired sorcerer we know)

He stared at me, stunned into silence. I could see the gears turning in his mind as he tried to process what I was saying. I couldn't blame him. The idea must have sounded insane to him, but I knew it was the least I could do. A twisted form of atonement.

Tsukauchi:Why did you choose to...

His voice trailed off, leaving the question hanging in the air.

I clenched my fists, feeling the weight of my own words.