chapter 19: going to UA

As I stood there, facing my father Hisashi and Detective Tsukauchi, I could feel the weight of the situation pressing down on me. Despite everything, I had made it abundantly clear that I would never forgive my dad. The quirk suppression bracelets on my wrists were a constant reminder of the control they sought to maintain over me, but they only reduced my quirk to 15% of its output. Not bad, considering I was expecting complete suppression.

I wore a long-sleeved shirt, dark green with a hint of black, loose enough to hide the countless scars that marked my skin. The pants I had on were dark, almost black, blending into the shadows, while my shoes were worn, the soles almost smooth from countless steps. My hair, still a deep green, fell over my forehead, barely kept in check. The sleeves of my shirt covered the scars on my arms, the ones that crisscrossed like a map of pain and suffering.

Hisashi, standing across from me, seemed to be choosing his words carefully. "Izuku," he began, his voice steady but laced with an undercurrent of regret,

Hisashi:class will start next week, so...

I cut him off, my voice cold and sharp.

Izuku:Where's Mom? Where's Inko?

He hesitated, then sighed heavily.

Hisashi:She... doesn't know about everything yet.

Izuku:So you haven't told her

I said, raising an eyebrow, my voice dripping with disbelief.

He looked away for a moment, the weight of his guilt evident in the slump of his shoulders.

Hisashi:She almost took her life on the anniversary you left... or more specifically, on your birthday. If I tell her what happened to you... everything you went through... I'm afraid of what might happen.

Silence stretched between us. A smaller, nearly buried part of me felt a pang of guilt, but the larger part, the part that had been hardened by years of suffering, felt nothing. Just emptiness.

Izuku:And what about Izumi and those other monsters?

I asked, my voice darkening with every word.

He sighed again, deeper this time, as if the weight of the world rested on his shoulders.

Hisashi:they haven't spoken to each other in several years. Shiori and Katsumi took it the hardest when you ran away.

Izuku:So I'll meet them at UA, right?

I asked, my tone flat, void of any real emotion.

Hisashi's eyes met mine, and I could see the pain in them.

Hisashi:Izuku, I know they hurt you. I know you have every reason to hate them, but please... don't let that hate consume you.

I snorted, shaking my head slightly.

Izuku:I'll be sent to Tartarus if I attack a student, right? Not like I'd care. I bet they already know what I am.

Hisashi's thoughts must have been running wild. I could see it in his eyes.

"I wanted to walk Izuku to UA back then, but not like this... Izuku, I'm sorry. Even if you hate me for life, I'll never stop trying to make it up to you."

Tsukauchi, sensing the tension, cleared his throat, drawing our attention.

Tsukauchi:izuku, sorry to interrupt, but apart from the teachers, no one knows about your true identity. As far as everyone is concerned, your name is Izuku Midoriya, a late bloomer with a quirk. Your quirk is officially 'Energy Manipulation,' which can be used for physical enhancement or discharge. You were recommended by the Public Hero Safety Commission after passing their tests to enter UA, so you have a clean slate.