chapter 4: ONE ABOVE ALL

More than a year had passed since I was taken—since I was dragged into this hellish nightmare. Time had become meaningless, a blurred haze of agony and despair, punctuated only by the experiments that twisted my body and mind beyond recognition. I wasn’t even sure if I was still human. Whatever spark of life, whatever sense of self I had left, was hanging by a thread.

The person I used to be—Izuku Midoriya—was nothing more than a distant memory, a ghost haunting the hollow shell I had become. I was a zombie, a walking corpse, moving through the motions of existence with no purpose other than to endure. My mind was barely holding together, fraying at the edges as the relentless torture chipped away at my sanity.

Today was different, though. Today, I was strapped down tighter than usual, my wrists and ankles bound so securely that I could barely move. My heart pounded in my chest, fear coiling in my stomach like a serpent ready to strike. I didn’t know what they had planned, but I knew it was going to be bad.

And then he walked in—the man responsible for all of this, the architect of my suffering—Dr. Kuroki. His cold, calculating eyes swept over me, a twisted smile playing at the corners of his lips.

“Subject 13,” he said, his voice dripping with false warmth,

Dr kuroki:we’ve made a lot of memories together, haven’t we? So much progress...so much pain.

He chuckled, the sound sending a chill down my spine.

Dr kuroki:But today...today marks the beginning of the main experiment.

My mind raced, trying to process his words. The main experiment? What did he mean by that? What could possibly be worse than everything I’d already been through?

Kuroki stepped closer, his eyes gleaming with a sick excitement.

Dr kuroki:You see, in order to create the ultimate weapon, to kill the Symbol of Peace...my master, All For One, gave me an idea. Why settle for the quirks we already know, the powers we’ve already seen? Why not create something new? Something...superior.

He threw his head back and laughed, the sound echoing through the sterile, cold room.

Dr kuroki:Why not create...the One Above All?

The name sent a jolt of fear through me, deeper than anything I’d felt before. The One Above All...what the hell was he talking about?

Kuroki's eyes were wild, his grin manic as he continued.

After nearly twenty years of research twenty years of trials and errors, of failures and breakthroughs I finally did it. I managed to create a unique quirk. A gene crafted and created by splicing the cells of the most powerful quirks, evolving them, perfecting them, to create...a supreme one.”

My breath caught in my throat. A supreme quirk? No...it couldn’t be possible. The idea itself was insane, but then again, so was everything else about this place.

Kuroki paced back and forth, his excitement growing with every word.

Dr kuroki:But there was a problem. A quirk this powerful...the human body wasn’t designed to handle it. Every subject I tested it on...died. Their bodies couldn’t take the strain, the sheer power of the One Above All. They all...shattered.

My heart was pounding in my ears now, fear turning my blood to ice. I could barely comprehend what he was saying, but the implications were terrifying.

Dr kuroki:But I didn’t give up

Kuroki said, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper.

Dr kuroki:I created a sequence of experiments brutal, yes, but necessary to force the growth and development of the human body. To push it beyond its limits, to create a...let’s say...a vessel that could adapt.