146-Sofia and Elise-Un Si Grand Soleil

The drive-in movie screen flickered to life, casting a soft glow over the old convertible. Sofia Caballo leaned back against the worn leather seat, her fingers tracing the edge of the steering wheel. Beside her, Elise Borrel adjusted her sunglasses, her eyes scanning the rows of parked cars.

"Drive-ins," Elise mused. "They remind me of simpler times."

Sofia chuckled. "Simpler? You mean when we weren't solving crimes or dealing with dangerous secrets?"

Elise smirked. "Exactly. Back when life was about stolen kisses and moonlit rendezvous."

The movie started—a classic romance, the crackling sound echoing through the speakers. Sofia stole a glance at Elise. The detective had always been a paradox—tough yet vulnerable, relentless yet tender.

"You know," Sofia said, "I used to dream of nights like this. A car, a starlit sky, someone to share it with."

Elise's gaze softened. "And now?"

"Now," Sofia whispered, "I have you."

They sat in silence, the movie playing in the background. Sofia's heart raced—she had never been good at hiding her feelings. Elise was her confidante, her partner, but lately, something more had blossomed between them.

"Elise," Sofia began, "there's something I need to say."

Elise turned, her blue eyes searching. "What is it?"

"I—" Sofia hesitated. "I care about you. More than I should."

Elise's hand found hers, their fingers intertwining. "And I care about you too, Sofia."

The tension hung in the air—the unspoken words, the longing. Sofia leaned closer, her lips brushing Elise's cheek. "I've never been good at hiding my feelings."

Elise's breath hitched. "Nor have I."

And then, under the starlit sky, they kissed—a collision of warmth and desire. The movie played on, forgotten, as their hearts beat in sync.

"I've lost so much," Elise whispered against Sofia's mouth. "But you... you're worth it."

Sofia pulled her closer, their lips molding together. "We'll face whatever comes our way. Together."

As the credits rolled, they sat there, tangled in each other's arms. The night was theirs—the drive-in, the stars, the promise of something real.

"Elise," Sofia murmured, "will you stay?"

Elise's smile was soft. "For as long as you'll have me."

And so, under the starlit sky, they made a silent vow—a love that defied cases, secrets, and the darkness that threatened to consume them.