341-360

Chapter 341: Drive the Master Away

"The younger one is dishonest, and the older one is not either! You guys are like this..."

Zhao Xiangyou interrupted her: "Master, if you don't believe me, you can test me. It's not good to draw conclusions before testing me."

"Don't interrupt the master before he finishes speaking in the future!"

"This will make you look very uneducated!"

"You are the one who said you wanted to test me. Don't cry if you can't answer later!"

Madam Mu said a long string of words angrily, and then asked: "Where does the saying that a gentleman is all-round but not partial, while a villain is partial but not all-round come from?"

Zhao Xiangyou: "It comes from the "Analects of Confucius" on politics."

Madam Mu was stunned. This girl really knows!

"What do you mean?" she continued to ask.

Zhao Xiangyou said: "Confucius said: People with noble morals make friends widely in a righteous way but do not collude with each other, while people with low morals collude with each other without caring about morality."

After saying this, she looked at Madam Mu with a little pride. Madam Mu was upset by her blockade, but she was unwilling to lose in front of a little girl like her.

Then he asked again: "Gongsun Chou asked: 'Master, when you were in power in Qi, can you still recognize the achievements of Guan Zhong and Yan Zi?' You continue with the next sentence."

Zhao Xiangyou: "Mencius said: 'You are indeed a Qi person, and you only know Guan Zhong and Yan Zi. Someone asked Zeng Xi: Who is better, you or Zilu? Zeng Xi said: Guan Zhong was a hegemon because of his king, and Yan Zi was famous because of his king. Are Guan Zhong and Yan Zi not worthy of being compared? He said: To be the king of Qi is just a matter of turning around.'

Meaning: Mencius said, you are indeed a Qi person, and you only know Guan Zhong and Yan Zi..."

Mu Niangzi's face turned pale and blue, this damn girl!

"Sir, do you want to take more tests?"

Zhao Xiangyou's innocent look hurt Madam Mu's eyes. She took a deep breath and calmed down for a while before saying, "Sit down. Since you have all learned the Four Books, I don't need to teach you these things anymore. I will teach you "On Women"!"

After that, she handed the book down.

Zhao Xiangyou flipped open the book and looked at the contents inside, and her face darkened.

Grandma had clearly told this female teacher that the daughters of the old Zhao family would not learn the three obediences and four virtues. She did not take out the books on women's virtues, but took out a seemingly gentle "On Women"

But the content of this "On Women"...isn't it just a detailed requirement and standard for women's virtue, speech, appearance, and merit?

It requires women to be chaste and skillful, and to obey their parents and brothers before marriage, and to obey their parents-in-law, sisters-in-law, husbands and other family members after marriage.

To what extent is it detailed?

When your parents-in-law are eating, you, as a daughter-in-law, have to stand by and serve them. You can only eat after your parents-in-law have finished eating and your husband's family has left the table.

And in order to save money, you can only eat what they leave.

What about comparing your husband to heaven, and the righteousness is not light...