781-800

Chapter 781: Reluctant to Give to Xiaoliu

"Since you have nothing to say... Zhao Zixu, do you have anything to say?"

Erlang held his heart weakly, and said with a sad face: "I have something to say!"

"I dare to ask you adults, if you are wronged, will you find a way to prove your innocence, or are you willing to live with the stigma?"

"You say that I am aggressive and unforgiving, and that I force people to commit suicide, but if I can't wash away the stigma on my body, how angry will the elders in my family be?

Who knows if they will be angry to death?

The family that hurts others has elderly elders, don't I have elderly elders in my family?

The life of the person who hurts others is life, but my life is not life?

My family has been mud legs for generations, and now my descendants have finally had the opportunity to study, but you want to kill them. If I don't prove my innocence, according to the laws of this dynasty, I will be stripped of my fame!

If so, how can I face my ancestors?

If I don't prove my innocence, I'm unfilial!

You adults only see the pitiful side of the person who harmed others, but you have become a helpless act for scholars like me!

Is it easy for the court to train a scholar?

Why should his future be ruined and all his previous achievements abandoned by a basin of dirty water?

You adults are also scholars, you should know how difficult the road to studying is!

In addition, I, Zhao Zixu, am upright and have never violated the laws of the Great Zhou.

You keep saying that I forced someone to commit suicide, but do you know that the person who committed suicide has violated the laws of the Great Zhou and slandered scholars!

If I had sent her to Jingzhao Prefecture, she would have been imprisoned according to the law, but I didn't do so, which shows my benevolence and tolerance, and my compassion!

However, you, the adults, have put me in an unjust position with your heart-piercing words in this court. You are truly without compassion. Not only do you have no compassion, you also have no tolerance, no clear vision, no understanding of reason, no ability to distinguish right from wrong, and no regard for the law of the country!

You are all speaking for human feelings in this court of the Great Zhou, but you don't know that the law is merciless!

You are the backbone of your majesty, but you don't know that governing the country requires strict laws and requires all officials in power not to bend the law for personal gain!

But you are speaking nonsense in this hall for a woman who disregards the law and falsely accuses a scholar with a good reputation, and you are taking up your majesty's precious time to talk about these trivial matters... Do you know that you are not only wasting my time, but also your majesty's time. How much can your majesty do for the people of the world during this time?

So you are still wasting the time of the people of the world!

...

However, all the adults who accused me of this did not speak of the law. Since you have no Great Zhou laws in your eyes, and you do not take His Majesty seriously, and you do not take the people of the world seriously... How can you have the face to stand in this court? "

"You..." The ministers were shaken by Erlang's scolding, and some could not help interrupting Erlang.

Erlang did not give them a chance and face: "This lord, His Majesty is now letting me speak, not letting you speak, which shows that you did not take my words to heart. I have reminded you that your previous actions were disrespectful to His Majesty, but I never thought that this lord still did not act according to His Majesty's wishes..."