961-980

Chapter 961 Panzhou Prefecture (29)

"How can you be so unreasonable, old lady? If the food is not tasty, then don't eat it. You actually want to smash other people's shops!"

"Go, go, go. I don't want to see you. It makes me sick to eat with you!"

A big man with a curly beard couldn't stand it anymore. He stood up and walked to the old lady and Hong Jian. He grabbed Hong Jian's arm, pulled him up and pushed him out.

"That won't do!" The old lady shouted loudly: "We have paid the money. Why don't you let us eat?"

"If you want us to leave, it's fine if we don't bother you. Give me two hundred taels of silver and I'll go to another restaurant to eat!"

As soon as she said this, the diners laughed and clapped their hands. This country woman was really shameless. She dared to ask for two hundred taels!

The big man with a curly beard was also choked.

The waiter patted his shoulder and said with a meaningful smile: "Sir, your kindness is not rewarded. You'd better sit down and have a drink. There will be a good show soon!"

The bearded man let go, but still said: "You old woman... There are so many restaurants in Panzhou Prefecture, and you come here to bother me. I don't have 200 taels, so I'll give you 30 taels. You should go to another place to eat, don't stand here and get in the way! It affects my appetite!"

Although the waiter wanted to have fun, he also wanted to make money. If the old woman took the man's money, then the 20 taels in his hand would go into his pocket.

"Old woman, you earn ten taels of silver. Your whole family may not earn that much money in a year. Why don't you take this gentleman's money and get out!"

"Bah!"

"I won't leave if you only give me ten taels more!"

"If you don't have money, get out of here. Don't meddle in other people's business!"

"I'm so old. Why do I just want to eat here?"

The bearded man shook his head, put the silver back in his arms, and returned to his seat.

His friend complained that he was meddling in other people's business.

The old couple also sat down again. The waiter took the silver and went into the kitchen. He learned from the people in the kitchen what the old couple said in the hall, which made the cooks in the kitchen laugh.

After laughing, the waiter said to the cooks: "Why not just serve them some dishes and take out the swill bucket... How about we divide the silver among us?"

"That would be great!" a helper echoed.

Seeing that everyone was happy, the chef nodded in agreement.

They were just country folks, and giving them the leftovers from Haifenglou was a compliment to them!

They weren't rotten!

For them, it was an extremely good dish!

When the chef nodded, some people put down their work and went to pick up the leftovers.

Haifenglou was quite particular. The leftovers with soup were poured into the swill bucket, and the leftovers without soup were poured into a large wooden basin.

After work, the people in the kitchen would sort out the dry ones and share them with everyone. Some were taken back to feed the cats and dogs, and some of the better meat would be taken away by the chef and sold to the black-hearted noodle stalls.