{One; Mali-koa}

A/N: Heyyyyyyyy guys! I'm back from Hawaii and it was amazing. So as you can see I'm starting a Calum fanfic. If you don't already know me, pleeeeeaaaasssssseee go read my other Luke fanfic "Mrs All American {l.h}" because I'm trying to get past 700 reads over there. Anyway, thanks for giving this a chance and hope you enjoy!

Madelines POV

I storm out the door and into the pouring rain, ignoring the fact that I immediately get soaked. I can't believe what I just saw. How could Alex do this?

"Mad, wait!" Alex comes running out the door, his blonde hair immediately plasters to his forehead as the rain hits him. 

"Get your horrible cheating self away from me." I say, without looking back. The rain soaks through my white shirt, making me groan.

"Mad, I can explain!" 

"No, you can't. I saw enough. And how many times have I told you to stop calling me 'Mad'?" I stop on the sidewalk and face him.as I turn around, I see the girl come running outside with an umbrella. She looks furious.

"Alex, who do you think you are? You had the nerve to kiss me after I rejected you, and on top of that, you cheated on your girlfriend." The girl yells. She marches up to Alex and slaps him across the face. I want to clap for her.

"Mali, what-" 

"Get out of here." She deadpans.

"But-"

"Now. Before I slap you too." I say through gritted teeth.

"Madeline, I-" 

"Leave." 

Alex turns and heads off, not looking back once.

"So much for him." I mutter.

The girl turns to me and holds her umbrella higher so it covers us both. "I am so so so so sorry. I should never have even flirted with him. If I had known I-" 

"Don't worry about it. He's two years older than me anyway. And kind of a jerk. Never would have worked out." I shrug, "Plus, I'm used to it."

"Really?" 

"Yeah, my family moves a lot. Like a lot a lot. I've never lived anywhere more than 14 months. So my relationships usually end when I explain that I'll probably have to leave soon." I explain.

"Well, don't let it bother you. One day you'll settle down." The girl smiles, "I didn't quite catch your name."

"I'm Madeline Roberts. Pronounced mah-duh-lin, not mah-duh-line." I always introduce myself that way. It's become a joke in my family. 

"Well, Madeline, it's very nice to meet you. I'm Mali-koa Hood. But you can call me Mali." 

"It's nice to meet you, Mali." I smile. We start to walk across the campus. 

"So are you a freshman?" Mali asks. 

"Well, I recently finished my undergraduate classes online, and I start medical school next year. Since they wouldn't take anyone under age 20 for some reason. So I get a gap year to live in Sydney, and for once, I really want to stay here the full year." I explain.

"Wow, Ms. Prodigy. How old are you?" Mali asks.

"I turned 19 three weeks ago in February." I say. 

"That's funny, because my little brother turned 19 at the end of January." Mali smirks. Her phone starts to ring, "Hey, Calums calling right now. If you'll excuse me..."

I nod, and she answers. I try to think of where I've heard the name Calum before. In the corner of my mind a thought nags at me, but I can't figure it out. 

"...yeah, I'd love to!...well, how about 7:30...ok great...you're bringing Luke and Michael?...and Ashton (her face turns red, making me smirk at her. She glares at me)...ok...7:30 it is. I'll meet you there. Bye. Love you." She hangs up. "I'm gonna go meet Calum and his sucky band for dinner tonight. Hey, you should come too!"

"Oh, I couldn't impose..." 

"No no, I'll pick you up at 7."

"I...alright then." I agree. We exchange phone numbers and I give Mali my address. 

"See you tonight!" She waves and heads off. The rain has stopped, but I'm still soaking wet. I hurry to my car and drive home. The feeling that I've heard the names Calum, Luke, Michael, and Ashton before nags at me. And Mali said they were in a band... I guess I'll just have to find out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this story is now up and running! I'm so excited for this one like I can't even...

I know this first chapter was short and crappy but I think it was a kind of intense intro. It will get better though, I promise, anyway, thanks for giving this a chance and I hope you like it so far! <3