Chapter 16💜🦋

Hello😀

Vaanga vaanga story kulla polaa🚴‍♀️💜🦋

********

♡♡

Everything was going smoothly during the phone conversation, but when she made her first confession, I was so taken aback that I accidentally dropped the pan with butter on the floor. On her next confession, I cleverly disconnected the call.

But on the third call, Elango tricked her, and I quietly gasped when she said that she didn't know it was Elango speaking with her. Elango and I couldn't help but laugh at how quickly she hurried to disconnect the call. We then enjoyed our dinner on my room's balcony, and Elango later left with the veg au gratin I had prepared, planning to give it to his parents and his little sister, who's currently doing her 12th grade.

After that, I spoke with my amma about everything that happened today, and I knew she must be happy to see my smile, which made me happy too. I fell asleep with the image of my mother's warm smile in my mind.

But the image gradually shifted to a scene of myself, crying in the center of a small hut engulfed in flames. I tried to call out for my mom and dad, but no one was around. And I screamed at the top of my lungs, panicked. Suddenly, someone grabbed me and lifted me off the ground. I clung to the person's neck, only to realize it was my mom—but she was crying too.

"Amma"

"Poyirulaam kanna. Poyirulaam. Bayapadaadha thango. Ennangaaa.."

(It's okay, dear. It's okay. Don't be afraid, my child.)

She hugged my head to her shoulder and called for my father, but he didn't come.

"Amma"

I kept uttering that one word as I watched the hut engulfed in flames, completely. I clung tightly to my amma's neck when she loosened her hold, but despite my cries, she carefully separated me and handed me to someone else. And I screamed in terror as I saw the edge of her saree catch fire.

"Ammaaa.."

I turned toward the person holding me and saw my father.

"Appa.. amma pa, amma pa"

But he smirked and placed me on the slab of the water tank before quickly hurrying away, leaving me alone.

I cried out for my mother and turned to see the tank filled with water. I tried to reach for the plastic mug at the far end to get some water and pour it on the fire to save my mother, but I lost my balance and fell into the tank, sinking beneath the surface.

As I struggled for air, I saw my mother's face appear in the water, her arms wide open, only for me and a smile on her lips. I tried to move towards her, but she began to fade away. And she left.