twenty

"They have lights on the trees and everything downtown. It's so cool," Wesley swooned over the bright lights twinkling as we drove the streets of Savannah. I rolled my window down to smell the fresh salty air, leaning back onto the seat in bliss. I'm not sure how Jacob convinced me to go after our conversation, but it's almost impossible for me to say no.

Wesley parallel parked on the street just a couple blocks from the bars. We all jumped out of the car in high spirits at the beauty of this old town. I honestly loved it. The cobblestone added to the "small" town charm I've loved since I was a kid. Main streets are always my favorite with their little shops and night life. I feel like I'm in a coming of age movie when I gaze over the neon signs illuminating our faces. All the small shops were closed, but the bars and restaurants were all open and packed with laughing faces. This was very different than Manhattan. Everyone was dressed more casually, almost no heels in sight. I couldn't imagine the treck up the cobble stone streets in a six-inch heel. I could barely make it up concrete in New York. The men had on regular t-shirts or a simple button up instead of suits. A lot of people wore cowboy boots, which weirdly made them seem more dressed up. I know the high quality ones can cost an arm and leg, so it's almost a flaunt of their wealth along with their hand sized belt buckles.

On the other hand, I wore a simple black top I brought with me from my own closet with a pair of light wash denim shorts. My comfiest shoes were strapped onto my feet. They were healing great, but I couldn't fathom wearing heels just yet. Jacob dressed for the occasion with a green patterned button up tucked into his mid-rise boot cut jeans. He wore a pair of beat up boots. The only thing he was missing was an oversized belt buckle and a cowboy hat. The rest of the boys wore a variation of button ups jeans. Wesley went the whole nine yards with a structured cowboy hat almost covering his eyes.

"You guys should have worn a hat with me. Jacob's got like a million in that house for this very reason," He specified as he pointed to a group of men walking down the Savannah cobblestone, boots clacking and hats tipping as they passed us.

"What I'm wearing right now is enough dressing up for me," Barry said as he pointed to his tucked in shirt and jeans. It was interesting to see how different they looked in this attire. They look less intimidating than when they wear a full suit, understandably. Their shirts even have fun patterns on them, making them look like southern gentleman. Wesley's hat was charming as he kept pushing it up to even be able to see.

"We're stopping by the best bar in Savannah first," Jacob pointed to where the group of guys just walked into. "Proper cocktails."

It seemed like every restaurant was some fancy cocktail bar with dim lighting and chandeliers. Greenery lined each building climbing up its brick walls to the roof. We walked into Artillery's Bar, the ambience already immaculate. Its black and white tiled floors reflected the beautiful layered, crystal chandelier and the low lights lining the floors trim. It was rustic and modern at the same time and I loved it. There were tables as well as an abundance of bar chairs circling around the two craftsmen shaking and stirring cocktails.

Jacob got us a high top table in the back as you just go up to the bar, order, and mingle around the building. There's art on the walls, people playing poker, and a lounge where a few women were chatting together on the couch.

"You guys go ahead. I'll watch the table while you order," Wes shooed us away because he was the designated driver tonight.

I wandered to the bar myself, racking my brain on what to drink. The bartender was wearing a casual all black outfit, his sleeves rolled up slightly to show off his tattooed arms. His dark, curly hair falling into his face as he wiped off the counter. I watched him move effortlessly as I waited for him to notice my pondering stance.