18 - Hyung must know

After their lecture Jungkook accompanied Taehyung to the parking lot. The real alpha had insisted on doing so not only because he knew that the Whispering Willow Pack put a lot of effort into protecting their Alpha's omega sons but also because he himself felt the urge to see his mate off safely. To his astonishment Taehyung had told him that because he his day ended early Namjoon would pick him up on Mondays. It would match both their schedules and driving home by car was much faster than taking the bus.

Now they were walking down the path that led to the main parking lot with their arms slung around each other. "Which car is your brother's?" Jungkook asked his hand resting on his mate's shoulder while his eyes scanned the cars.

Taehyung too looked around and found the metallic white car a little in the distance on the other side of the parking lot. It was not big but also not too small. It was just enough to fit a single alpha's needs and also allow him to pick up his brothers or friends. "There he is." He pointed in the direction where Namjoon was already waiting for him. But when Jungkook started walking he pulled him back.

The alpha looked at his mate in confusion. "What is it?"

Taehyung was a little hesitant out of shyness. Anyway, he would not beat around the bush. "You two should not meet tonight. Somehow, I still think that my pheromones messed with your rut cycle"

"Why?" It was clear that Jungkook appreciated the mindfulness of his mate but still he also found it a little ridiculous. "Is it because I love to cuddle you or because Kookie and I are protective about you?"

Well, actually Taehyung thought it was the combination of the clinginess and the intense possessiveness that his mate showed. But he would not tell Jungkook because the other would deny it anyway. He knew that alphas could get a little lightheaded about twenty-four hours before their rut started and it seemed that his alpha's rut symptoms were straight out of the textbook. "Maybe. Still, please promise me to monitor yourself closely. I may be wrong, but it is better to be safe than sorry. If you will still be ok by tomorrow, are you free in the evening? Dad will be out on a meeting, but Namjoon is at home. It would be the perfect setting for you two to meet."

"That would be nice." Jungkook smiled and then suddenly pulled Taehyung into another tight embrace while he literally pressed his nose on his mate's scent gland.

The omega understood what was going on and started scenting him proudly. He too buried his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck and carefully sniffed his mate's scent gland. But there was still only the pure scent of leather and tobacco leaves. If he had entered his rut, he would have emitted his full scent by now which would mean that there would have been a third note that added on top just like his own scent of strawberries and vanilla enriched by that of roses. Still, he knew that Jungkook most likely acted out of impulse, and he would help his mate to get home without any embarrassing incidents. He trusted Jungkook but there were always unstable wolves out there that had just matured. Thus, it was wiser to protect them with his own scent and make sure that Jungkook's own scent would get out of control when he already would be at home.

When they heard the door of a car on the other side of the parking lot open and close with a loud slam Taehyung disentangled himself from these warm and strong arms that gently held him pressed to this bliss of a strong body. This time it was Taehyung who kissed his mate on his nose. A nose that invited you to tap it with your finger and the omega could just not resist the temptation. It made his alpha giggle. "Get home well."

"You too Tae. I'll text you about tomorrow." Jungkook softly pecked his love's forehead and then reluctantly let go of him.

With no less want to stay with this blessing of a man Taehyung turned around with some effort and went to meet his brother but turned around for another time. "Remember to monitor yourself! I have a feeling that I am right." Jungkook answered with a loving eyeroll.