𝟬𝟭𝟬

Everything was fine

Everything was fine. It was great! Amber had made it back to Auradon safely and was in her room getting ready for the cotillion. She had a lavender dress with with golden sun ear rings that would sparkles under the lights.

She had to admit, after being on the Isle for so long, she had gotten used to the rugged way of living and the humid air, not the sun-filled atmosphere of Auradon she had grown up with.

A knock on her door made her stop applying her makeup and answer it.

It was Mal and Evie.

"Amber!" Evie squealed, rushing into Amber's arms and giving her a big hug.

"Ah! Mal, Evie! I missed you both so much!" Amber looked between her two friends, so happy to see them again.

"So, what happened?" Mal asked, sitting down on Amber's bed, "what did they do to you? I bet Harry had a hay day over having a new play toy! Are you ok? Did he do anything to you? If he did I'll beat his ass-"

"Mal!" Amber cut her off, "it was fine, they held me captive for awhile, but they fed me and Harry got me a blanket and a pillow, nothing happened."

"Harry got you a blanket and pillow?" Evie asked surprised "Like Harry Hook? The pirate who does all of Uma's bidding?"

"Yeah, and he's actually not too bad, annoying at times, but I think he let me..."

"Let you what?" Mal asked, an eye brow raised

Amber was going to say "let me escape," but she didn't want to make any trouble on the day of the cotillion. She wasn't even sure if it was true, and if it wasn't, there wasn't any point of bringing it up.

"I don't know," she said, "how are you feeling though?" She changed the subject.

"Good!" Mal said, "nervous, but good."

"Good," Amber said, putting the finishing touches on her makeup, "you both look stunning!"

"Thanks," Mal smiled, "Evie made both of our dresses!"

Evie blushed, looking down with embarrassment, "you guys are the best," she laughed, "but let's head out, we need to go!"

☀️☀️☀️

The lights were bright, shining on the boat. Everything was perfect. As Amber walked into the main deck, she saw Carlos and Jane, hand in hand, taking to Fairy Godmother, and Jay and Lonnie dancing on the dance floor. This was the definition of the perfect night.

"Oh! It's time!" Evie exclaimed, as trumpets blared and Lumière announced: "The future Lady Mal!"

There were gasps from everyone as Mal made her entrance, looking absolutely stunning. Mal made her way down the stairs, talking to Belle and Beast before joining her friends