Chapter 26. Panic room

Colby POV

"Please Jake just leave us alone! She will talk to you when she's ready" I tell Jake as I hear him pound on the door screaming more apologizes through the solid wood. "I just don't want her to hate me!" I hear him yell before hearing is figure seemingly slide down my door.

I get up placing Issy down on my bed and walking over to the door, I open the door causing Jake to almost fall. "She doesn't hate you and she won't hate you but she needs time Jake, this isn't easy for her." I said offering a hand to help him up. He takes the hand and stands up looking me in my tear filled eyes. "Just let her know that I'm ready to listen whenever she's ready to yell at me." He says softy before giving me a hug and walking away.

I walk back over to the bed going pick Issy's tired figure up and make her more comfortable. I lay her in bed facing towards the door, before climbing over her and going to lay behind her. I soon start to hear Issy's faint cry's turn to small almost silent snores as she drifts off to sleep. I start to feel my eyes heaving too until I hear my phone ding.

—————————————————————————————————
Sammy boy 💛: Hey just wanted to see how Issys doing I heard what went down when you guys left my room. Is she okay?

Cole Jack 🖤: She's doing alright she's asleep now but idk if you saw when we were still in the hallway outside your room she freaked out a little. When I tried to pick her up she started hitting and kicking me, but I think she just was freaking out thinking it was Jake.

Sammy boy 💛: Aww I'm sorry I hope you both get some sleep and she can talk to Jake about it in the morning. We should also start packing tomorrow we get access to the apartments in three days.

Cole Jack🖤: Yeah I hope they can fix the friendship too, and we already started packing some of her room so we just have to pack a few more things in there and then pack up mine.

—————————————————————————————————

Minutes after I sent that text I was drifting off thinking about packing boxes and getting the hell out of here. I can't even walk downstairs in good shoes anymore because the floors so sticky, and it the smell is so bad down there.

I'm waken by the feeling of Issy's small figure moving in my arms. I look over at the time seeing it's only 7:00. Barely awake I go to stretch desperately trying not to wake the sleeping girl in front of me. I must not have been as gentle as I thought I was because I soon feel her stir more and start to sit up.

"Good morning princess." I say groggily feeling her turn in my arms. I don't get a words out of her I just get a small quiet grunt as she cuddles further into me.
"We should get up love we have to get packing so we can start moving stuff in a few days." I say quietly leaving gentle kisses on her neck and shoulder blades. "Mhmmm" she grumbled as she rolled over again.

"I have to go pee and brush my teeth." She says slowly pulling herself out of the bed. I take a minute picking up my phone to check for notifications. I see one from Jake and three from the house group chat. I read the one from Jake seeing all it says is "I'm sorry again" I don't respond choosing not to think about that current situation. The group chat is just Sam asking if anyone wants coffee and Corey and Jake sending their orders.

After sending me and Issy's orders I see her walk back into the room. I get up and walk past her placing a small kiss on her cheek before heading to the bathroom to get ready to start my day.

After I finish doing my business I head back into my room not seeing Issy in there. I walk down the hallway to her room assuming she's probably in there. I knock on the door waiting for her to respond. "Who is it?!"
She yells back. "It's me princess!" I respond. I hear her walk over the door and when it opens I see her on the other side in a bra and the jeans I assume she's wearing for the day. "You don't have to knock my love" she says pulling me into her room.

"I still wanted to just in case." I said as I sat down on the bed watching her flip through her closet to find a top. "You should wear this one love" I saw holding up a shirt that says "don't know don't care". "I like that one actually. Do you think it'll look cute with these jeans?" She asks taking in the shirt and holding it up her to body.

"Yeah I think it looks great love." I said getting up and walked across the room to where the boxes are stacked up and grabbing tape to start putting a few together. "Let's pack up your closet and dresser today" I said sitting on the floor still taping a box together. "Yeah I like that idea" she says starting to pull things out of her dresser.

"Do you wanna pick out your outfits for the next two days so that we can pack everything else up?" I ask taping together a second box. "Yeah I'll do that. Then I think I wanna start packing my dresser first." She says grabbing a box from next to me and taking it with her.

——————————————————————————————————
Authors note: Hello loves! I'm finally posting an update. I hope you guys are all well. Take your meds, drink some water, and eat some food. Anyways love yall 💜!
Word count: 1,000 words