12. Hard Confrontation & Harder Acceptance

Bela stands there, feeling the relief on her face vanish while her heart starts pounding heavily. She looks petrified looking at Sid even more because he's drunk and standing right in-front of Rivaan. She knows this isn't going to end well, she can't stop imagining both of them in blood and later a nearby police station, because thats what happens if you fight like dogs in a gated community. As she collects herself from all the possibilities, Rivaan reacts quickly, 

"you came all the way to ask her that? could've asked google, maybe something like, am I blocked if I can't call them and their dp is blank?" 

"put that sarcasm of yours inside your ass before I punch-" Sid raises his fists towards Rivaans face lifting his toe a little to reach. 

"STOP!" Bela screams and rushes towards the door. "You wanna talk? Lets talk."

"You don't have to, if you don't want to-" says Rivaan holding her hand to calm the shivering. 

Sid lowers his raised fist, notices Rivaans hands and says staring at the hold on them on Bela, "Yeah, lets talk. I guess. There's a lot of shit, we need to clear. Two weeks and you are already fucking a new guy?" and chuckles in anger. 

Rivaan holds Sids collar with the other hand and riases him off the floor a little pulls him close and groans right in front of his eyes, "RESPECT! I can bury you here and-"

"Rivaan, NO." screams Bela again and lets his hand go, to help Sid out of his hold. Sid grins looks at Rivaan and eyes Bela holding him through his shoulder. Sid feels a gut that Bela still loves him and she'd still do everything in hand to save him. It fills him with immense pleasure and doesn't care to react to the recent warning Rivaan gave. He makes sure, Rivaan knows this too and gently title his head showing off Belas hold, the look that means, I-don't-have-to-hold-she-does-because-she-still-loves-me.  

"fifteen minutes, please, we need our time." she continues looking at Rivaan still holding Sid through his hand, "yeah. would you move your ass or should we move out?" Sid asks almost as if he's standing in front of his own house not Rivaans. "Sid, this is Rivaans place, not mine! I think its better if we-"

Rivaan still annoyed by the whole situation and confused by Belas behavior, looks at them for a few seconds  until his brain processes the fact that Bela would be out at this hour alone with a man whos drunk and is also angry, without giving another thought to possibility he says, "this place is ours. (looks at her face and smiles a little) you could talk here, I'll wait outside. Call me when you're done" 

"no, thats okay, you don't have to-" replies Bela, "I'm just across this floor, I can hear if you scream and I'm keeping the door closed, not locked." and leaves the apartment giving her a this-way-you-wouldn't-be-killed-and-I-could-help-you-and-monitor-sids-actions

She takes a deep sigh, out of regret for the whole situation, for having to confront Sid inside Rivaans home, for having to push him away multiple times, for everything she is right now because of Sid, she senses the pain in Rivaans eyes and also wonders how hard it is for him to give her the space. While she's lost in all those thoughts, Sid just makes himself home and fetches a glass from Rivaans kitchen, pours the left out beer from his bottle and drinks at it sitting with shoes on the couch. Bela recovers from the thoughts and gives him a disgusted look and asks him "WHAT!" shrugging.  

"what. This is ours right?" he replies sipping from the glass. 

"Oh, stop it you-" before she could finish, Sid pulls her onto the couch and asks

"yeah, me" Bela is facing him, she could sense his breath on her temple, Sid is staring at her like he's ready to kiss her. Bela stands up, and takes two steps back and continues, 
"you wanted to talk?"