6. Bad Guy's Love

Its been a day since the drinks party, and there's nothing from Bela, no text, no call, nothing. Rivaan expected a good bye, atleast a "We're back together!" text. Nothing at all, he felt something is wrong, "how can someone who hates silence behave this way? did she not felt what I did that day? was she just leaning? did I assume she is going to kiss me?" and million such thoughts came and left Rivaans brain. He opened her chat, contact a thousand times. The day somehow ended with Rivaan never getting his closure.

The next day, Rivaan asks for a sudden progress call, everyone looks confused, "We finished the last release two days ago, it'll take atleast two days to present something as progress sir" said a senior software engineer, to which Rivaan responded, "Thats okay, lets discuss the future steps then. Make sure everyones joining, we'll start in 10 minutes".

In the call, Rivaan urges everyone to switch on their cameras, he says "Its okay everybody, I don't mind if you're in your PJS, I need an honest opinion on the things I am going to discuss now". Everyone including Bela, come on video. The presentation starts, there's nothing new. Its exactly the same plan they made 14 days ago, Rivaan just goes through slides and throws random discussions. The meet is almost one sided. many are waiting for sharing their honest opinions, the reason why they're on camera. But there's nothing, no question was posted, no opinion was asked.

Yes it was just to see Bela, to comfort his own heart, to feel relieved knowing she is just fine, it was an impulsive poorly planned act of Rivaan. After exyending the usual 30 minute call for an hour, Rivaan finally concludes repeating the same words from slides for fifth time in a row. Suddenly he observes someones shadow behind Bela, the shadow comes closer, it is Siddarth, he is shirtless, walking towards Bela, he peeps into her laptop, kisses her on cheeks and leaves the frame laughing mockingly as if he wanted to show Rivaan, show him that he is now with Bela. Bela pushes him off, closing her camera for a couple of seconds, but Rivaan has already seen it, something that sting his heart like someone was setting it on fire and stabbing it at the same time.

*Interpretation of Sid kissing Bela while she is in a meet*

"Okay, no more WFH's, I'd want you all in the office from tomorrow" Rivaan's anger screams in his head, but he is not someone who'd act of range, he has mastered his emotions, he is good at it

"Okay, no more WFH's, I'd want you all in the office from tomorrow" Rivaan's anger screams in his head, but he is not someone who'd act of range, he has mastered his emotions, he is good at it. He controls the voices from inside and ends the call professionally thanking everyone for joining.

Bela was expecting Rivaan to cancel all the WFH's, scrum end parties and all the encouraging deeds he has declared earlier. But Rivaan acts to its polar opposite. He continues all the schedules and benefits, letting more employees suggest how their needs can be met to make the work more efficient. Many of her teammates have got their electronics updates, extra leaves credited and vacations covered.

Its the day of team outing again, the team did well, this time it was a hard deadline and harder release but everyone pushed themselves to make it look best. It was a success and that called for a party. Everyones expectations were so high this time, multiple places were suggested and rejected and finally everyone agreed to go to a games night. It was at one of the most popular clubs in the town.