26

"Have you ever been in love?"

Su Tang felt that Chen Yingzhou's question was really heartbreaking. She refused to answer, but Chen Yingzhou clearly wanted to know the answer.

He simply stopped and stared at Su Tang without saying a word, waiting for her answer.

"Let's go pick the green dates quickly. The earlier we go, the earlier we can return." Su Tang simply changed the subject and pushed Chen Yingzhou to walk quickly.

Seeing that she was avoiding the topic, Chen Yingzhou curled his lips and did not ask again.

The green dates in this season are at their best. Su Tang ate a few and they were really sweet. The two of them quickly picked a lot and then went home.

After returning home, Su Tang began to think about how to make red date cake. In fact, she had never made it before. She just followed some food anchors before and happened to see the method of making red date cake. However, she was not sure whether it could be made with green dates.

Su Tang boiled a pot of water, put the washed green dates into the pot, and cooked it on medium heat, hoping to remove the date kernels.

When it was almost cooked, the date kernels were removed and the date skins were cut. Half of the pot of water was left, and the date flesh was mixed in the water, which tasted sweet.

Remembering that there was a bag of brown sugar at home, Su Tang poured the brown sugar into the pot and cooked it slowly on low heat.

Because she didn't have an egg beater, Su Tang couldn't make rich foam after stirring for a long time. Chen Yingzhou brought her some firewood and saw that she was stirring the eggs with all her strength. He quietly took over what she was doing and continued for her.

"How much should it be?" Chen Yingzhou asked while beating the eggs quickly.

"It's best to be able to make bubbles." In fact, Su Tang was not sure. Without an egg beater, it was too laborious to rely solely on manual labor.

Chen Yingzhou didn't say anything and continued his actions.

The weather was hot, so he wore a short-sleeved shirt, and he rolled up his sleeves to expose his entire arm. He could see that his arm was tanned in two colors, one dark and one light. His arm was exerting force, and his muscle lines were smooth and full, which made him look very manly.

The pot in the kitchen was still steaming, and the temperature in the room was quite high. Chen Yingzhou's forehead was sweating. He didn't stop moving his hands, and said to Su Tang: "Help me wipe the sweat."

Su Tang was stunned. Wipe the sweat?

Seeing that Su Tang didn't move, Chen Yingzhou tilted his head slightly to show her his forehead.

"I'm afraid that the sweat will drip into my eggs." He said lightly.

"Oh." Su Tang nodded repeatedly, which made sense.

She raised her hand and wiped the sweat off Chen Yingzhou's forehead with her sleeve.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

When the eggs were almost done, Su Tang scooped out the jujube paste from the pot, added a proper amount of flour, and finally put the eggs in and stirred for a while before putting them in the pot to steam.

Su Tang didn't know how long it would take, and the aroma of jujube cakes slowly wafted out of the kitchen. Su Tang was about done, so she opened the lid of the pot.

It looked good, but I didn't know how it tasted.

Su Tang didn't have the courage to take the first bite, so she called Chen Yingzhou in, cut a piece with a knife and handed it to him. She watched him eat it, and looked forward to his feedback.