Chapter 25

I showed Hange the small silk box, it had been a little less than a month since we had returned and Levi went to the forest.

"I think I have to propose to him when he gets back." I said, "I did promise I would.. and I need to do it soon."

She smiled looking at the ring, "You have under a year left right?"

I nodded, "No.. my titan needs to be passed in a few weeks. I want to spend my time with him, I just hope we can get him home soon."

I closed the box and hid it away in my pocket along with a small scrap of paper with my proposition on it, I didn't want to forget what to say.

"When's the wedding~"

"As soon as possible.. gunna be our maid of honor?"

"Of course!"

There was a commotion outside, we went out to see people protesting outside our gate. They were claiming Eren didn't deserve to be locked up. This information hadn't been revealed to the public, meaning we had a leak, who had been caught.

"So.. you're the ones that blabbed about Eren to the press.." Hange said as we entered the room, "So.. why'd you do it?"

The leaks were three recruits plus Floch.

"Because Eren should be freed, he did nothing wrong." He said, "He stood against an enemy and brought home victory.. in the form of the rumbling we can save eldians lives."

"There's no guarantee the rumbling will work the way we expect it to, much less save us. Currently it's nothing more than a rumour."

"Because you're keeping Eren locked in a cell, can we really afford to sit around like this? Eren will guide this country to freedom, release him."

"You may be right.. but I cannot allow this. You will be put on trial for leaking information, take them to their cells."

"If this will lead humanity within the walls to victory, I will gladly submit.."

Some soldiers took them away to their cells.

"..why actually is he locked away?" I mumbled, "No one explained it to me."

"He endangered our lives."

I didn't argue, it was a good enough reason.

"Come on, I have more things I need to look into and I want your help."

I agreed and followed her. While we were busy, we got news Eren and over a hundred soldiers had disappeared from their cells. These people believed Eren needed to start the rumbling in order to wipe the rest of the world out, we started calling them the Yeagerists.

We went to visit Niccolo with the intention of asking him some questions. He was busy so we were sent to another room.

"This is the wine the brass won't shut up about, they only serve this to the high-ranking officers." Jean picked a bottle of wine off the shelf, "We rank pretty high in the scouts.. maybe we deserve a drink."

"Hey don't touch that!" Niccolo snatched it back, "This shouldn't be wasted on you eldians!"

"You're still saying that?" Jean challenged him, "Where someone's from doesn't matter to the alcohol!"

"Don't act like we're friends just cause I was a little nice to you.."

"Who the hell do you think you are?! You're in no position to-"

"Cause I'm a prisoner? Guess that makes us even.. eldian."

Niccolo walked out, leaving us alone in the room.