Chapter 17

I stood in the field, watching as Eren transformed. He had finally learnt how to have control over his titan form, with the new threats of other titan shifters he needed to learn how to defend himself.

I ran a knife across the palm of my hand, producing a cut which I then used to transform. I was barely finished forming when he lunged at me, going for my neck.

I managed to grab his head and force it down to my chest, driving one of my protruding rips through his eye. I stepped back and watched as he fell down, I had punctured a hole all the way through his head, including his brain.

While I was waiting for him to heal, I sat down on the floor. Levi hooked onto and landed on my shoulder. I gladly took him into my hands and looked at him.

"Bit excessive." He observed.

"Shouldn't have charged at me head on." I replied, referring to Eren.

He shuddered, not liking the way my voice distorts. I sounded deeper and gravely in titan form due to the increased size of everything.

Finally, Eren finished healing so I placed Levi back down and stood up. I healed my fists and when he charged at me, not learning his lesson, I swung and took his head clean off.

After he grew a new head, finally he was ready to come at me again. Knowing what happened the first times, he slowly circled me looking for points of weakness rather than charging head on. I turned, not allowing him to get behind me.

Up until then I had been playing defensive, it was probably a good idea to change that. I quickly reached forward and pulled on his wrist, making him lose balance.

My fist came up to strike him, he quickly moved making me miss and let go of him. Eren got me into a hold immediately, one arm around my neck and another supporting.

I quickly and forcefully bent over, making him lose his footing and let go of me. Once I managed to get him on the floor, I turned him over and ripped the flesh from his nape.

When his body surfaced, I saw he was unconscious. I moved away as Mikasa began tending to him. I lowered myself to the floor, pulling myself from my nape.

Levi landed beside me, "Are you okay?" he questioned as he adjusted the mask on my face.

I was exhausted, not yet being completely used to using my titan.

"Need a nap.." I muttered trying my best to pull my arms from the clinging muscle.

He cut away at the flesh then pulled me out, scooping me into his arms. I paused in confusion as he began carrying me to the house.

"Did you have to carry me?" I asked once we were out of ear shot.

"It's fine.. just say you were on the verge of passing out. You are, right?"

I slowly nodded and leant my head on his shoulder. We reached our room, my harness and belts were removed and he tucked me into bed.

"I'll give you 2 hours." He ran his hand through my hair.

"Stay?" I asked upon realising he was intending to leave.

"I can't."

"Why..?"

"It would be suspicious if I neglected my duties just to watch over you while you sleep, I'll be downstairs."

"Not even a kiss?"

"Don't push it."

"You're so mean.." I complained as he left the room, closing the door behind him. In the silence of the room I quickly found myself falling asleep.