Chapter 1

As the morning light filters through the windows of my quaint little shop, I busy myself arranging jars of loose leaf tea and trays of freshly baked breads

As the morning light filters through the windows of my quaint little shop, I busy myself arranging jars of loose leaf tea and trays of freshly baked breads. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee fills the air, mingling with the sweet scent of baked goods.

Just as the clock struck seven, the door chimed softly, announcing the arrival of my most loyal customer. Levi, Captain of the Scouts who had a liking to my supply of tea.

"Morning, the usual then?" I asked tilting my head a little in a questioning manor.

He nodded in reply as he approached the counter, so I turned away to the shelf behind me. With rehearsed movements, I placed a box of black tea in a small paper bag, slipping in a small baggie of green tea leaves as a freebie.

"How's the kid?" He asked gathering the money in his palm and sliding it over the table towards me.

"She's good." I glanced down at the small girl sat at a table by the window, "Not so much a kid anymore, she's already 16.. I heard you have an expedition in a days time, nervous?"

"No, not really.. Just the standard of clearing titans from Wall Maria." He replied taking the bag from me, our hands gently brushing for a moment before parting.

"Can't imagine now dangerous it is out there, even with your skill set."

He nodded in agreement, it was dangerous.

"Soon, we'll find a way to reclaim Wall Maria, I'm sure."

"If anyone can, it'd be you."

He looked up at me with his usual blank expression, "I'll see you soon."

"Stay safe." I said as he turned and left my shop.

As he disappeared, I turned my attention back to my daughter.

"Rosalie honey, come help me stock the display case."

"Okay Dad." She said jumping down from her seat and running to come help me. Along with her came a cat nicknamed Omelette, he had taken a liking to my daughter, probably due to her insisting that she had to feed him.