Chapter 7

I moved over so he could sit on the bed with me, "So what do you want to talk about?"

"Hm.. where'd that scar on your face come from? I couldn't see it in the dark but I felt it."

I paused, room was lit by a lantern on the counter, after a moments hesitation I pulled my mask off. Levi leaned slightly forward, studying my face.

"It looks deep."

"Mhm.. went all the way through my face."

"How?"

"I'm not telling you, it doesn't matter."

"I order you to tell me."

"No."

"I'm your captain."

"What's a captain doing in their inferior's bed?"

He paused then gave an annoyed groan, I smiled to myself knowing I had won. Suddenly he reached out and cupped my cheek, making me look at him.

"Don't kiss me." I firmly said.

"Wasn't going to, I want to look."

"At?"

"You."

"Captain-" I leaned my face away, "Why'd you kiss me last night?"

"I don't know, I didn't mean it so don't get any ideas." He laid on the bed next to me, "Now.. I want company."

I laid opposite him.

"Hm.. how do you know Hange?"

"Oh I met her when we were little."

~~~

I peeked out from around the counter as my mother spoke to a customer. I saw a girl, the same age as me holding her own mother's hand. She noticed me and smiled widely.

"Hi! I'm Hange- oh I like your teddy!"

I looked down at the stuffed animal in my arms then back at her, "Uhm.. thanks.."

"Now you tell me your name."

"Ash?"

She took my hand and pulled me out from behind the counter, "We're friends now."

"We are?"

"Mhm."

The next time I saw her was at the beginning of school. I was sat alone when she walked up to me.

"Where's your toy?" She questioned.

"At home, I'm too big for it now."

I noticed her hair was brushed and plated. Throughout our childhoods, all the way to high school, I was her only friend. Most people couldn't handle her loud extroverted personality, but I didn't mind it, even if she was a bit eccentric.

~~

"Oh for fucks sake what did you do?" I questioned as she walked in with a new short, choppy looking haircut, "I thought you would have learnt from the first time."

"It got too long." She complained.

"Come tonight and I'll fix your hair.." I groaned, "I don't know why you keep cutting it yourself."

~~

I held the newborn baby in my arms, watching as the scouts walked through Trost on the way to their base. Up on a horse she was sat, she seemed happy having climbed the ranks.