Chapter 11

Suddenly, a titan appeared behind us, swatting down the soldier and sprinting after us. It was female, with red markings covering her body where muscle was exposed, similar to my titan. I knew in that moment, it couldn't be just an abnormal.

"Go! Move it!" Levi yelled, "Maintain top speed!"

"Holy shit- how the hell are we supposed to pull invasive manoeuvres in here?!" Gunther yelled.

I was surprised by the sheer speed she was running at us, taking out soldiers around her with ease.

"It's catching up!" Eld shouted.

"Captain engage odm gear? Captain!?" Petra shouted.

"Your orders sir?" Oluo shouted.

"Captain, give us your orders! It's dangerous!"

"Captain! Your orders sir! Please!" Eren yelled.

"Captain!" Petra shouted once more.

Rear reinforcements came from behind the titan and faced her, just for all of them to be struck down.

"Captain your orders!"

"It's dangerous! Lets take her out!" Oluo shouted, "tell us to engage sir!"

Still, Levi ignored us and continued riding ahead, seeming to think of what to do.

"Captain!"

"She's gaining on us!"

"Lets just take her out!"

"Give us your orders!"

"Levi?!" I called out riding ahead to look at him, he made eye contact with me and groaned.

"Everyone just cover your ears, now." He said picking up an acoustic shell.

I quickly covered both my ears as he shot it. The sound rung in my ears. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the point in that was.

"Remind me, what is our goal? Is it to act on impulse in the heat of the moment? Let me answer for you, no it is not. Our job is to keep this brat alive no matter the cost. Don't forget it." Levi said, "we keep pushing forward on horseback, is that clear?"

I kept my head down as we continued riding.

"But for how long? We can't keep running forever!" Eren said, "she's right on top of us as it is, if we don't do something soon- no! They keep coming! They're all gonna die unless we do something!"

He was talking about the soldiers dying behind us, reinforcements continued coming.

"Eyes front! Stop looking behind you!" Gunther yelled.

"Seriously?!" Eren exclaimed.

"Keep pace with the group! Maintain top speed or we're all dead!" Eld shouted.

"Eld please! Help them! If the Levi squad can't stop this thing then who can? Those men need us!" Eren said.

I heard another person get swatted down behind us by the female titan. I didn't dare turn around, I didn't want to see what was happening behind us.

"Another one! Dammit he didn't have to die!" Eren shouted, "there's still one left we can save him before it's too late!"

"Do as you're told Eren!" Petra shouted over him, "eyes forward!"

"How can you all ignore what's happening back there?! Are you telling me to abandon my comrades is that it?!"

"Dammit yes!" Petra yelled. "Stop wining and do as your captain told you! Eyes front!"