Chapter Thirteen, Picnic & Gossip.

I have been crying all night. On and off. But just enough that when I woke up this morning and my face was puffier than I have ever seen it be in my life. So I got up early, took a bath. And I feel a lot better, now. If I don't think about it, I can push it into the back of my head. But it's been really difficult to do that.

I do not think that I have ever wanted something less. The idea of marrying Anthony, to me, is equal to.. I don't know.. I absolutely need to find a way to leave.

More than anything right now, I think that I am angry with George. Why would he do this to me, why would he give his blessing for this? Why would he do this to me? I don't know. I keep going around in circles about the whole entire situation. It makes me more mad than I can even believe.

So my plan for the day consists of spending time with Camille. We are going to have a picnic. I am hoping that it will be far away from the palace. I really don't want to be anywhere near this place right now. Just knowing that Anthony is somewhere, looking for me.. Ugh.. Unfortunately, we have to go to breakfast before we go to the picnic.

I silently brushed my hair, my gaze fixed outside the window. I am absolutely dreading breakfast. I don't know.. I'm so mad at George, I'm so frustrated with this whole entire situation.. But I've said that already, I think..

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

I glanced over at my door, trying to ignore the absolute feeling of dread that I'm having. I walked over to it, as slowly as I possibly could. I opened up the door and peeked my head outside of it, smiling at Cami, "Oh, good morning." 
"Good morning." She smiled, "I was- I was going to walk to breakfast with you." 
"Oh, fun." I smiled, nodding my head, "That sounds like so much fun."

Cami smiled and nodded her head, locking her arm with mine, saying, "I love your dress." 
"Oh, thank you.." I smiled, stepping out of my room and shutting the door, "I appreciate it." 
Cami nodded her head, smiling and sighing, "Mhm.. How did you sleep, Florie?" 
"Good.." I answered, smiling and nodding, "Yes, I slept okay.." 
She quietly nodded her head, "Mhm... Florie, I have a question." 
"What's that?"

"You're still going to come to our picnic?" 
I nodded my head, saying, "Yes, of course I will."

"Okay." She nodded, glancing back and then looking at me, saying, "So.." 
"Hmm?" I exhaled. 
"I think that we're having toast for breakfast. I love toast. Toast, jam, and eggs, doesn't that sound just lovely?" 
"It does." I smiled, nodding, "It sounds lovely, yes.." 
Cami smiled and nodded her head, saying, "I know.. I'm so excited, I absolutely love toast. And we're having homemade jam, too, Maud just makes the best jam, you know.. My favorite is the strawberry jam." 
"Oh, is it?" I smiled, nodding my head, "That does sound good.. My mom made the best blackberry jam.. I think those are my favorite." 
Cami smiled and nodded her head, "My mom used to make- She made these blackberry scones.. And blackberry pudding, it was so good, blackberries were her favorite, too.."

I smiled and nodded my head, "they're good, aren't they?" 
Cami smiled and nodded her head, sighing, "Laurie loves them.. He eats so many, when they're in season.. We have the blackberries outside, in the garden, you can just sit there and eat them.. Sometimes he disappears, and he's right there.. Eating blackberries. We will have to get some for the picnic." 
"Yes, that sounds good.." I nodded, "Where is our picnic today?" 
"I'll show you, you'll love it." She said, "We do have to walk a little bit, but it's by this flowery little spot under a willow tree, it's just beautiful, you know.." 
I quietly nodded my head, "Mhm, that sounds really pretty.." 
Cami smiled and nodded her head, saying, "It's just beautiful.. The gardener, his name is Will, he always set it up quite nicely for Mother and Father.. Will still sets it up for us.. He's sort of like my grandpa." 
"Oh, that's cool." I said, "That's very nice, yes.." 
She nodded, shrugging her shoulders, "Yes.. Anyway, it's just a pretty place to sit." 
I smiled and nodded my head, "Oh, yes, I bet.."