Chapter Eight, Very Disappointing.

I have been up all night. I can't put myself to sleep. It is almost as if my head is full of thoughts, and they're bouncing off the walls of my head. They're just stuck. I keep thinking about George. I am really, really hoping that he is the one that is going to be here tomorrow. I know that Janet told me he would be, but with my luck these last few days, she might have misheard.. 
I'm not even sure he would recognize me, if he did see me.. I mean, it has been eight years since I've last seem him.. I know he will remember me, but I don't know if he will recognize me. I've always wondered about George. It has been so long.. I am excited that I might get to see him, now. But I really want to temper that excitement, because I don't want it to get thrown back on me.

I silently got up out of bed, walking to the fireplace as quietly as possible. I silently sat down next to it, gazing out the window, still.

As gloomy as it was at home, it did have the prettiest sunrises.. And there was a comfort in the rain... Mom always made soup whenever it rained. I know that it rained pretty often.. But there was a comfort in knowing that there would always be soup.. There would always be bread.. I always knew what to expect.

I don't know what to expect here, I hardly know what we are doing today. I miss the routine at home so deeply. I silently sat up, listening to the crackling of the fire. I silently placed another piece of wood on the fire. I shut the fireplace and silently sat down in the chair next to it. It's so warm.. I have been struggling to find little things to enjoy here. But I have found that curling up with a blanket by the fire, and reading fairytales have been a good thing to do in the mornings. 
So I wake up early, watch the sunrise, and read. Sure, I hate getting up early, but right now, it's the one thing that is in my control, so I will take it..

I am looking forward to this evening. As the days go on, it seems like I am dreading the coming days more and more, but this evening, I am looking forward to. I have a reason to. I haven't, yet.. Not until today, that is. I am so excited for this evening. Because I get to see whether or not it's MY Georgie. At the same time, I am terrified. What if it isn't him?

Sybil yawned and rolled onto her back, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. She looked at me and squinted, "What are you doing?" 
"Nothing.." I said quietly, "Did I wake you?" 
"Yes." Sybil exhaled, irritably, "You shouldn't stomp when you are upstairs.." 
I squinted at her, "I haven't been upstairs.." 
"You didn't go to the restroom?" 
"No, why would I go up there, we have one here." I said, " They're doing work upstairs, it wasn't me." I paused for a moment after I spoke, allowing the space for an apology. I don't know why I expected one, because she just rolled her eyes and fell back down onto the bed, "Well I wanted to sleep. That is terribly rude." 
I nodded my head my head, sighing and shrugging.

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

Sybil grunted, "What is it?!"

Sybil's maid, Mary-Anne opened up the door, "Miss Bayne, we need you upstairs.."

"What?" Sybil sighed, "Why??"

"We need to get a dress fitted." She said, "Right away, please."

Sybil folded her arms and sighed, "ugh.. Let me get dressed." 
"You can just put on a robe and bring your under garments, please." 
Sybil nodded her head, getting up and grabbing her robe. She slid it on and folded her arms, sighing, "And Florence doesn't need to be fitted?" 
"No, just you." Mary-Anne said, "It's quite urgent, Miss Bayne."

Sybil sighed and got up, saying, "Fine." She shot a very cold glare at me and then walked out of the door with Mary-Anne. The door shut quite firmly, and then their footsteps echoed down the hallway. I shouldn't say this.. But I wonder, quite often, since Piers and Anthony are presenting Sybil as an option to the prince, what if he denies the option? What then? I don't know. If I were him, I would deny her. Very, very quickly. But who knows?