Chapter Eleven, Dinner And Observations.

I have been thinking about what Maud told me for a while, now. She didn't tell me very much, but what she said left me wondering.. But I don't have time to wonder, I think. After I unpacked, I talked to her a little nit more about the routines and stuff, so.. I am so nervous here. I don't know if it is what she said about Anthony, or of it's the fact I feel so nervous and want to be my very best while I am here.. But I don't know..

And I keep thinking about what Wilmot told me, too. About him, too. It sounds like he's been doing stuff like this for a while. It is hard to believe I've only been away from her for a few hours. I grew quite fond of Wilmot. She is so sweet.

I can't help but wonder what Mother and Father are doing at home. Despite my feelings towards them right now, I can't help but miss them. I miss talking to the girls, braiding their hair, baking things with them. I miss teasing the boys, beating them in chess.. Though, I'm pretty sure they let me win.. I just miss spending time with them. I never realized that I took it for granted.

I think about them every time I go to bed. I think about them when I wake up. I have dreams about them. But I can't for the life of me, get over the fact that they so willingly let me go.

I silently walked over to Sybil's room, knocking on the door.

Sybil opened up the door and gave me an irritated expression, "Ah. Florence." 
"Miss Bayne." I said, sort of reluctantly, "It's time for dinner.." 
"Oh, wonderful." She exhaled, sitting up and walking over to the door, folding her arms, saying, "You know, you were very rude earlier." 
"Sorry." I exhaled, "I didn't mean to be."

"Do not talk to him again, Florence, it's rude.." Sybil said, shooting a very cold glare at me, "You are ruining my chances." 
"I don't see how." I said, "You have such a unique personality, it's hard for anyone to outshine you."

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, "I'm sure that you think that."

"I do.." I nodded, slowly. Why would I say that if I didn't think that? "M- Maud showed me where the dining room is, it's a very nice place here, you know.." 
"I know, I realize that. It's a palace, after all." Sybil exhaled, folding her arms, "What do you think this is, Florence?" 
I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, saying, "I don't know, I guess..." 
She nodded her head, folding her arms. "Mhm."

I silently walked down the staircase. I would try to start up a conversation.. If this was anyone else. But right now, the idea of talking to her just.. Frustrates me.. I can't describe the feeling that she gives me. It makes me feel so frustrated.. Sort of like.. I want to slam my head against a wall. So our walk to the dining room was silent. And when we reached the door, I opened it up for her, peeking my head in. 
It's the most beautiful dining room I've ever seen. There is a chandelier lit by candles, with glass, it was beautiful, and there were these bouquets of white roses. Ugh.. It's stunning. 
Everyone was already at the table, so far. My heart sunk to my stomach. "I- I'm so sorry.." I said, "I- I thought that dinner wasn't for another- Another half hour, and-"

"Must be the maid's dinner, instead." Sybil said, under her breath, "Very well, then, go to your dinner, I'll go to mine."

I sighed and nodded my head, "I will-" 
"Stay, please." Prince Laurence exhaled, "We have enough room, seems to me you deserve a proper dinner."

"Oh- Are you sure, I-" 
"Yes, please." Anthony exhaled, "Florence, sit."

I stiffly nodded my head, "A- Are you sure?" 
Prince Laurence nodded his head, "Yes, of course, please." 
I nodded my head, saying quietly, "Okay.." I sat down across from Sybil, next to Anthony. Which was the only open seat at the table, Sybil had very thoughtfully sat down next to Prince Laurence. 
"We were just talking about our plans for tomorrow." Anthony exhaled, "Sword fighting, it sounds like." 
"Do you know anything about swordsmanship?" Prince Laurence asked Sybil. 
She shook her head, "No, I don't. My father always said it was a mindless sport."