Chapter Seventeen, Very Rude.

I silently helped put Sybil's bags in the carriage, glancing back at Anthony, who was watching me. Intently. Ugh.. He and Sybil have been talking to each other all morning.. During breakfast, they were very, very affectionate. Which is fine, I suppose.. But it wasn't like.. Hand holding, it was.. I don't know.. It was a lot more than that, it was almost as if they were trying to prove some sort of point. It wasn't great.. Honestly.. I don't know.. I just think that there are so many different ways to show affection that don't feel like.. Everyone else in the room shouldn't be in the room with you. But I don't know.. There's no use in saying that, now that they're leaving.. Shouldn't be a problem anymore..

Maud put a bag in the carriage too, "So nice having you all, congratulations on your engagement.."

"So nice having you all here.." Prince Laurence said, "We appreciate your company.. We'll see you all later.."

Cami nodded her head, politely bowing her head.

Piers glanced at me, then at the prince, saying, "Yes. And we will be back to get Florence next month."

Anthony nods.

Prince Laurence calmly nodded his head, sighing, "Yes. We'll see where her hold stands by that time next month."

Piers sighs and nodded his head, "Yes. Well it was very nice seeing you." 
"Yes.." Prince Laurence nodded, smiling and bowing his head, "I'll see you out-" 
"May I please have a word in private with Miss Hayton?" Piers asked. 
Prince Laurence glanced at me. 
"O- Okay.." I nodded. 
Piers nods his head, calmly walking off a short distance with me, saying very quietly, "If you say absolutely anything, I will see it your neck is-" 
"I will not.." I said quietly. 
Piers nods, saying calmly, "Very well. If you know what is good for you, it will stay that way.." 
"Okay.." I nodded, slowly.

Piers calmly nodded his head at one of the guards, "That is Ralph Lox, he works for me. He is one of many pairs of eyes we have throughout this whole palace. If you do anything that is out of line, he will not hesitate to reach out to me. I have the fastest messengers in all of Danon, second to Laurence. Ralph has been watching you since we got here. So far he hasn't had anything to report. I expect it to stay that way. Do you hear me?"
I quickly nodded my head, "Mhm.." 
Piers nods, saying quietly, "Now smile and nod."
I did exactly what he told me too. Now I'm too scared not to listen.. Then we turned around and walked back to the carriage. I quietly stepped next to Maud, taking in a shaky breath.

"Well. It as lovely having you all." Maud said, "we need to get working on some pies.." 
"Yes.." I nodded, quickly.

Maud smiled and nodded, quickly walking off with me. "What did he need?" Maud asked, quietly. 
"I- I don't know.." I said, glancing at the guard, then at her, taking in a deep breath, "I don't know.." 
Maud glanced over at the guard then back at me, sighing, "Here, let's go inside."

"Okay.." I nodded.

We stepped into the kitchen and Maud calmly shut the door, whispering, "Are you okay?" 
I nodded, "Mhm, I'm- I'm fine, yes.."

Maud looked at me for a moment, then calmly nodded her head, "Are you sure?" 
"Mhm.." I nodded, "Y- Yeah, I'm great.." Suddenly I'm questioning everyone here again.. "I- I don't know.."

"Okay.." She said, "Well I will let you be, then.." 
"Okay.." I nodded, "Do you need help with anything?" 
"Not right now, no, I'm okay, sweetie." Maud said. 
"Okay.." I nodded.

I silently followed Cami to the stable. Which.. I don't usually go around stables on purpose.. But it's for Cami.. And right now, I feel like she is one of the only people I can trust here.. She's completely innocent in all of this.. So. As silly as it sounds, I do trust her.