Chapter Ten, The Palace Of Danon.

I silently watched as George loaded my things up into the carriage. He was very intently putting each of my two bags in. Very slowly. Almost as if he was stalling, which I think he is. I don't know why, but the idea is filling me with dread, sort of.

Wilmot hugged my arm, saying quietly, "Florie." 
"Hmm?" I smiled, nodding and hugging her tightly, "I'm not ready to go, quite yet, don't worry.."

"Okay.."

Sybil tossed a bag over onto me, "Florence, load this into the carriage, will you?! You're not being very helpful, you know!!" 
"Hey." George said, sternly, grabbing the bags, "We are not at the palace yet, you know. It would work in your favor to learn some humility, too, someday those words are going to come back and bite you."

"Yes." Mr. Winslow exhaled, "He would know." 
George laughed under his breath, "I would, yes." 
Mr. Winslow nodded his head, calmly, turning his attention to me, "Florence, you've grown up quite a bit." 
I quietly nodded my head, "Mhm.." 
Sybil sighed and rolled her eyes, walking over to the carriage that we were sitting in.

"That girl has a horrible mouth on her." George exhaled, "She's awful."

I nodded my head, sighing, "Yes.." 
Anthony stepped out, saying calmly, "Good morning, George." 
"Yes. Morning." George said, "I expect you to be on your best behavior, wish my sister in that carriage with you."

"I will, yes." Anthony exhaled, nodding.

George nodded his head, "If I hear about the slightest thing, I'll see it we have a private conversation together, am I clear?" 
He nodded his head, "Of course, yes. Well I believe we've spoken about this before, George."

George calmly nodded his head, sighing, "I know, yes, but I thought we had agreed that you may speak about that when we get there." 
"Very well, yes." Anthony exhaled, folding his arms.

I want so desperately to ask. But I won't. It really isn't any of my business. So.. I won't.. I suppose..

Mr. Winslow folded his arms, saying very calmly, "Are we sure that Laurence will take Sybil to be wed?" 
Anthony sighed and folded his arms, "We will have to see, I hope so." 
Mr. Winslow quietly nodded his head, "Mhm. I doubt that he will, Laurence is softspoken, Miss Bayne is anything but that. Quite literally.."

"Miss Hayton, why don't you go sit in the carriage, we are going to leave shortly." Piers said, "Anthony, go sit."

I glanced at Wilmot and hugged her tightly, "I'll see you later.."

"Okay.." Wilmot said quietly, "Be safe, Florie.." 
"I will, I promise." I smiled, saying quietly, "I will write to you, as well.."

Wilmot smiled and nodded her head, wiping off her eyes, "Mhm.."

I smiled and quietly turned to Anthony. Anthony silently nodded his head, walking over with me to the carriage. He opened up the door for me and helped me climb into it. This is a much nicer carriage than the one we were brought here in. It's not very hard to tell.. That was the first thing that I noticed. I silently sat down. Anthony sat down next to me, sighing, "Sybil, are you ready? Do you remember what we spoke about?" 
She nodded her head, "Yes, I do." 
"Wonderful, yes." He exhaled, nodding his head. Anthony folded his arms and glanced at me, saying, "Are you ready to go to the palace? You've never been there before? Have you been to Odell?" 
"I haven't, I've lived in- This little down near the Kelltin border, it's called Aspen.. I lived there until I was like ten.. Then we moved to Morton.. That's where I've been ever since.. This is the furthest that I have traveled since.." 
"Yes.." He exhaled, "Morton is close to the border as well, is that correct?" 
I nodded my head, "Yes.."