Chapter Fifteen, Not The Best Reaction.

I have spent the day with Cami. We have been doing stuff all day long. We went on a walk. We embroidered a little bit.. Now we're just getting ready to go to dinner. I am not excited at all. 
I have been thinking this whole entire day about what Prince Laurence said. Anthony's first wife died in a horse trough. The idea of that just.. It absolutely terrifies me. 
He hasn't found me quite yet Thank goodness for that. I got busy, I am hoping that he did too.. I know that he wanted to speak with me before I went and spoke with Prince Laurence. I don't know.. After I spoke with the prince, I feel that it is way more urgent for me to say no, now..

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

Cami glanced over at the door and opened it up, sighing, "Oh. Sybil." 
"What are you doing in Florie's room?" 
"We're embroidering." Cami answered.

I nodded my head, standing up, "Mhm, we are..."

"Okay. Well I need to talk to Florence." She said, "So could you please excuse yourself?" 
"No." Cami scoffed, "You should-" 
"Cami.." I said quietly, "can we please talk for a second?"

Cami sighed and nodded her head, quietly stepping out of the room.

Sybil stepped in and shut the door, whispering, "You need to learn your place!!" 
"Pardon me?" I whispered, "What are you-" 
"You know full well what you were doing, talking to the prince!" 
"Maud had- It's none of your business why I was talking to him, but I assure you, I wasn't stepping in your-" 
"Yes, you were! Do you not realize that, all you ever do is meddle in my business!" Sybil said, speaking in a very quiet, very stern tone. Though, frankly, she has no reason to. 
"Pardon me?" I exhaled, "You know what I absolutely have never meddled in your business. You requested someone else, I found something else to do. You had every chance to speak with the prince in a manner that favors yourself. I have spoken to him twice. I don't know what the hell you think I've been doing this whole time, but if you think I've done absolutely anything that stands in your way, you have an impaired version of reality."

Sybil scoffed, "You know what, you have absolutely-" 
"You can't expect people to like you if you're never kind to them." I said. 
"Fine, then, what were you doing speaking with him?" 
"Maud had some questions." I said, "It's not any of your business, really. But since you didn't want me as a maid, I got moved around, they were trying to find out what to do with me." It's a lie, I realize that. But really, it is none of her business what we were talking about. I don't know what possessed her to come in here and talk to me like that, but it's absolutely mad to me that she thinks she can waltz in here and chew me out in front of the princess. Absolutely insane.

Sybil seemed to be irritated that I had said anything. "Very well." She exhaled, stepping out of the room.

Cami stepped into the room and folded her arms, saying quietly, "You know, Laurie told me that they're thinking about leaving earlier." 
"Did they?"
"Mhm, that's what Laurie told me.." She exhaled, "Mhm.. When they go, I think it will be a lot more fun when everybody is gone.."

"I think so, too.." I exhaled, quietly nodding my head. 
"What did she say?" 
"I'm not so sure." I exhaled, shrugging my shoulders, "We should go to dinner, Cami." 
"Okay." She exhaled, locking her arm with mine, saying, "I should introduce you to my horse, later, he's really nice." 
"Oh.." I nodded, "Well- Well maybe.. I'm just- Horses kind of scare me a little bit..." 
"Oh." She nodded, sighing, 'Well maybe we can do that later, them.. I can show you my cat, then, she lives out in the barn, she has some kittens, they're really cute, do you like kittens?" 
"Mhm, I do." I nodded, smiling, "That'd be really fun to see... I love kittens, think they're just the cutest.." 
She smiled and nodded her head, "Mhm.. Have you ever seen a kitten before? I never saw one until Joanie had some kittens. So." 
"Mhm.." I nodded, "They're so cute, hmm?" 
"Mhm, there- there's a white one, and there's an orange one, and then there's this really pretty one, it's white, black, and gray." Cami said, "And then- Then Joanie's, she's orange, she's a tabby.." 
"Oh, I love tabby cats.." I said, smiling, "Once, we had one, his name was Fish.. Which is sort of silly, I know, but we got him when I was three or so, and it was fitting at the time."