•°1°•

•29 December year 1510 Empire of Goryeo•

As the first light of dawn broke over the horizon, the Empire of Goryeo awoke to a world blanketed in pristine white snow.

The bustling streets of the capital stirred with life as citizens, wrapped in thick hanboks, hurried about their morning routines.

The crisp air was filled with the sounds of merchants setting up their stalls, children laughing as they played in the snow, and the distant clanging of blacksmiths at work.

The snow-covered rooftops glistened in the early morning light, creating a serene and almost ethereal landscape.

Down in the training grounds, soldiers were already hard at work, their breath visible in the cold air as they practiced their skills with unwavering dedication.

The rhythmic sound of swords clashing and arrows being loosed filled the air, a testament to their discipline and readiness.

The aroma of a hearty breakfast wafted through the palace corridors, a blend of freshly steamed rice, savory soups, and pickled vegetables.

It was a comforting scent that promised warmth and sustenance on this cold winter morning.

In the courtyard, the commander and general were deep in discussion, their voices carrying a tone of authority and camaraderie.

They watched as their men trained, offering guidance and encouragement, ensuring that the soldiers were prepared for any challenge that might come their way.

In the glorious palace, King Taehyung stirred from his dreaming, awakened by the buoyant chirping of birds. He leaped up from his mattress, a small smile playing on his lips.

Surging to his feet, he strolled towards the window, From the grand dormer of the Emperor's chamber, the view was nothing short of breathtaking.

The Emperor stood silently, taking in the beauty of his empire, a sense of peace washing over him.

A knock on the hatch cut off his deem, culling his inner hanfu, the Emperor called out, "You may enter." A steward walked in, head bowed, carrying a tray with herbal tea.

Taehyung was about to inquire about his father, Kim Seokjin, who, despite their close age, had always felt like a mother figure to him.

Before he could speak, Emeritus Seokjin entered the chamber with his wonted splendid smile, draped in a lucid amber hanfu.

Taehyung adored Seokjin for his simplicity and grace.

"Good day ahead to His Emperor," Seokjin hailed formally. Taehyung smiled, strolling towards him and pecking his knuckles."positive day to you too, my queen," he replied.

Seokjin giggled, playfully slapping Taehyung's arm. "Son, how many times have I told you not to address me that?"

Taehyung nodded, bowing in front of Seokjin. "Yes, as his majesty desires," he apologized playfully.

Seokjin shook his head and turned to the servant, gesturing for her to leave. "Emily, you may leave." Emily left the chamber, closing the door behind her.

Seokjin sat on a chair, pouring tea into a cup. "Son, you may take a bath. I'll wait here," he instructed.

Taehyung hurriedly moved towards the bathhouse. After a refreshing shower, he emerged wearing only his inner shirt, his hair still wet.

He shook his head, sprinkling water over Seokjin's face and attire, who gasped at his childish demeanor. "Your emperor, must you ruin my attire?" Seokjin teased.