🍓🍕💤🍓

"i'll be there 10 minutes. can't wait"

"mels! lando's almost here" maeve yelled from across the kitchen as she laid out the freshly made strawberry goodies.

shortbread, to melanie was a grandma food.

however, maeve had come up with an interesting recipe over the span of one weekend many months ago and now it was a staple for them to make until they perfect it. strawberry shortbread cookies.

"okay girl. jeez." melanie said as she fixed up the living room. they were at melanie's holiday home as their escape from school over the short vacation they had. melanie's parents hadn't accompanied her and the house was maeve and melanie's to keep clean whilst they were there.

lando, was a not so impromtu guest. they knew he'd be coming, especially since melanie was the one to invite him for the well sake of her best friend. being at home meant, she couldn't go out, being at school meant lando couldn't visit. it was these in betweeners- where they got to hangout.

lando had only recently started driving on the road, legally. being almost 17.

"who would have thought, we'd spend out mini summer out at cornwall" melanie said jokingly and maeve cleaned up the kitchen. "uh huh. so much for adventure. if the uk wasn't so tiny, saying that i went across the country  by myself would've been so much more fun." she said to melanie who was bringing out plates and snacks for the supposed movie night.

"yeah but, you can still say your boyfriend drove across the country to spend a night with you whilst being in middle of a championship. that's cute" she said and maeve shook her head, trying to stop the blush from rising, not that it helped.

lando was an absolute sweetheart and she couldn't ask for anything else.

the doorbell went off and maeve let out a silent squeal. "you're gonna get it or should i?" melanie asked when she noticed maeve had her feet stuck to the ground.

"i'll get it" she said and melanie just sipped on her juice, watching her walk out of the kitchen and to the door.

"hi!" lando says, opening his arms wide to hug the girl, kissing the side of her head. "cute apron, by the way" he said, pulling away and maeve rolled her eyes, stomping back inside the house. "you couldn't tell me?" she angriliy whispered to melanie who just shrugged.

'when i said i do, i didn't mean dishes' she read out as she took the apron off.

"i'll do the dishes if you say i do" she heard lando say as he jumped up on the kitchen counter, briefly waving at melanie as acknowledgement. "norris. welcome."

"huh?" maeve asked and lando just smiled. "just saying. anyways, what'd you cook? smells,nice oh wait"he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer so that she stood between his legs. "okay yeah its the food not you. it smells sweet and you smell like, my girlfriend" he said and maeve just shook her head, used to lando's brainrot flirting.

"anyways, we made shortbread cookies. strawberry shortbread to be precise. enjoy the delicacy because that's the last of rhe strawberry compote my mum made" melanie said, slapping away lando's hand that reached out to grab one piece off thr baking sheet that lay on the island.