~𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼~

(special)

"pleaseeeee can we go? tickets sell out like as soon as they go up-"

lando was driving maeve and niamh back home after a dinner out with carlos and his family. it had been a long week in september and lando had another week before he flew out to this next race.

"sweetheart, can we discuss this once we're at home? i'm driving" lando said maeve flashed niamh a soft smile throught he rear view mirror. "we'll see, don't worry." she tells her but niamh's expression didn't ease up as she mumbled something that lando chose to ignore.

the dinner with carlos' family went perfectly fine, if you ignored the fact that niamh and lando didn't speak a word to eachother, rather niamh didn't utter a word at all since greeting carlos and naveah. 

maeve was receptive to niamh's words and so she went on in hopes that her dad would say something too.

"the tickets are gonna sell out like crazy though and i've been-"

"niamh. at home." lando cut her off coldly and maeve looked at the two of them with a blank face, hesitantly reaching out from the passenger seat up front to touch lando's hand that had been tightly gripping the steering wheel and flinching back when the red light turned green, knowing lando wouldn't appreciate it in the moment.

niamh huffed and leaned back in the back seat, doing something on her phone, hoping to follow through the silent treatment.

maeve took a sharp breath and lando turned his head to look at her for a moment before turning up the radio the car, clearly not wanting to talk.

soon as he pulled over into the parking lot of his apartment complex, before he could even turn off his car, niamh was already out of the car and pacing towards the elevator.

"niamh!" lando called out and maeve got out of the car quietly, not wanting to interfere just yet, unsure of how loud it could get.

lando and niamh had been pissed at eachother for the past few hours and it was quite evident that niamh wasn't a fan. guess they didn't always get along.

they managed to get in the same elevator and both of them waited for maeve to open the door to the apartment. "for the love of god, can we have one nice day?" maeve mumbled loudly, wanting them both to feel guilty and figure it out.

soon as maeve opened the door, niamh almost immediately sprinted across to her room and slammed the door shut, startling the year old puppy who ran upto niamh's door.

"we're not banging doors to make point!" maeve called out loudly , slowly losing her patience as lando closed the door behind them and walked past maeve who put a hand over his chest to stop him from walking away.

"she's fourteen and you were a little too harsh" she tells him softly and he took a deep breath, not wanting to blow up at her.

"maeve, we only ever had two rules. she should know better and i'm not condoning it. i'm sorry but, you talk to her" lando's voice was low and soft, but the words were far from it.

maeve knew what lando meant but she couldn't see both of them in such a rocky patch. she had a bias towards lando's notion, knowing what he'd said was right but she also knew where niamh was coming from.

none of them was wrong and she definitely had mentally been preparing for whenever this day would come.

teenage years were going to be an absolute nightmare at times, she'd heard it from everyone and somehow she expected conflicts to form between her and niamh, not lando.