2.NEW PHASE OF LIFE

Vaidehi and Srihan are on their way to the hospital in which Dr.Shinde is admitted. Vaidehi is lost in her own thoughts. She recalled Vasudha's words. As the car stopped near a hospital she came out of her thoughts.

Srihan : We reached vaidhu ! 

( Srihan : Vaidhu ! Manam vachhesam ! ) 

Vaidehi : Hmm. 

She got down from the car and walked inside. She saw Mr.shinde's son in the waiting area. He seems to be extremely worried about his father. 

Vaidehi : Rahul ! 

Rahul : Akka ( Sister ) ! My father ! 

( Rahul : Akka ! Ma nanna ! )

Vaidehi : He will be alright Rahul. Don't worry ! I will talk to them. 

( Vaidehi : Em kaadhu Rahul. Bagaipotharu ley ! Nenu matladi vastha doctors tho. )

Mr.Shinde is a single parent. His wife died 4 years ago after battling against leukaemia for years. From that day he took care of his son very precisely and affectionately. 

Srihan and Vaidehi spoke to the doctors and they have told that he is out of danger. Vaidehi requested for a shift to their hospital. A Medical Assistant who works in their hospital came there to look after mr.shinde till the morning. Srihan took Rahul to his flat after dropping Vaidehi at her place. 

As Srihan's car is getting distant from her house she glanced the twinkling diamond on her ring finger. She is standing at the entrance of her house. Her eyes fell on a shadow and she got startled. As she looked up she saw Shalini who is standing on the terrace .

Vaidehi went to her room and changed into her nightclothes . She braided her hair and jumped on to her bed. She wrapped the blanket over herself and scrolled her mobile. Her mobile pinged with a message from Srihan

Srihan : I reached my flat ! Good night 😘

Vaidehi : 😴

Srihan : 🤍

Vaidehi replied him and kept the mobile aside. She turned the lights off closed her eyes.

Vaidehi and Srihan went to the same college during their graduation. In their 5 years of friendship , a new emotion called love blossomed between them. It soon turned into a serious bond after few years of separation during their post graduation. Their families are aware of their relationship and they have no problem with that.

One day Srihan and his family came to Vaidehi's house with the proposal of an engagement. Vaidehi agreed for that they got engaged on the following day. They started growing closer from the day they got engaged but vaidehi noticed change in his behaviour. Before they got engaged he used to initiate things in their relationship but she is the one who is calling him , messaging him and thinking about the upcoming wedding. He seems to be disinterested in everything. They just gave 10 more days left for the wedding.

................

In the outskirts of the city which is fondly called as ' the city of pearls'. A vast white washed mansion of ancient style with 100s of trees is present. It screams elegance and class with historic significance in multiple ways. 

A Classy Rolls Royce entered into the estate as the doors are creak opened by the guards. The guards bowed to him as usual but gained no recognition from that man or may be they are unable to see his reply threw the tinted glass. As the car stopped in-front of the house , he came out and walked inside. A person employed solely for parking the vehicles drove the car into the garage. 

The man who got down from the car stepped into the house and found the house empty. A maid approached him with fear and tension on her face.

Vikram : Where did they go ? Why the house is empty ? 

( Vikram : intlo vallu eri ? Ekkadiki vellaru ? )

Maid : Sir ! Gayathri Madam got a Cardiac arrest. Vasudha madam and Vaishnav sir took her to hospital.

( Maid : Sir ! Gayathri amma gariki gundepotu vachhindhi. Vasudha amma alagey Vaishnav sir avidani hospital ki tisukellaru. ) 

Vikram : What ? Why no one informed me about that . 

( Vikram : enti ? Nakassalu okka mata kuda cheppaledhu. )

Vikram roared with anger. He dialled Vaishnav's number but didn't get any answer from him. He was about to go out but stopped by hearing the maid's words.

Maid : Rajeev sir is in his room.

( Maid : Rajeev sir aayana gadilo unnaru . )

Vikram : Did I ask you about him ? 

( Vikram : Nenu adigana ? )

Saying that he went to the hospital in a hurry.

............

Vikram came to the hospital and enquired the receptionist about his mother. He went there and saw his siblings in the lobby.

Vikram : Akka ! Vaishu ! What happened to amma ? Where is she ? 

( Vikram : Akka ! Vaishu ! Ammaki emaindhi ? Ekkadundhi amma ? )

Vasudha : She is fine now. They shifted her to ICU. She is kept under observation for 24 hours. 

( Vasudha : ippudu baaney undhi raa. ICU ki shift chesaru. 24 hours observation lo pettali anta )

Vikram : why you didn't inform me ? 

( Vikram : naaku endhuku emi cheppaledhu ? ) 

Vikram asked with a stern voice that is extremely intimidating. Vasudha was unable to answer his question. She very well knows that he is mad at her. Before she could say anything , vaishnav came in her defence.

Vaishnav : Sorry Anna ( Brother ) ! I told her to not to tell you about this.

( Vaishnav : sorry anna ! Neney akkaki neetho cheppodhu annanu. )

Vikram slapped Vaishnav hardly. The marks of his fingers are visible on Vaishnav's cheek. 

Vikram : where is the doctor ? 

( Vikram : aa doctor ekkada ? )

Vasudha : Mr.Shinde met with an accident it seems. His junior doctor did the surgery. She is the hospital founder's granddaughter. Her name is Vaidehi it seems.

( Vasudha : Shinde gariki accident ayindhi anta. Tana junior doctor surgery chesindhi. Aa ammayi hospital founder manavaralu anta. Peru Vaidehi. ) 

Vikram : what ? Why a junior doctor performed surgery to our amma ? You should have brought some renowned doctors. 

( Vikram : enti ? Junior doctor surgery chesindha ? Mana amma kosam prapanchamlo unna best doctors ni tisuku ragalam manam. )

Vaishnav : It was an urgent matter. She took a wise decision and performed the surgery.

( Vaishnav : ammaki surgery urgent ga cheyyalsi vachhindhi. Tanu sarina decision tisukoni surgery chesindhi kabatti amma bagundhi ippudu. )

Vikram : whatever ! What if something went wrong ? 

( vikram : ayithey enti ? Emaina tappud jarigi untey ? ) 

Vaishnav : Don't think that junior doctors are useless. They are still unestablished. That's it ! 

( Vaishnav : Junior doctorlani tisi padeyyaku ala. vallu inka famous avvaledhu antey. )

Vikram : I don't care ! But i want the best for amma. Don't you know how hard she struggled to up bring us ? 

( Vikram : naaku aa sodhi avasaram ledhu. Naaku amma baguntey chalu. Anma manakosam emta kashtapadindho marchipoyara ? )

Vasudha : I understood Vikram. Calm down. 

( Vasudha : Naaku artham ayindhi raa. Badapadaku. Emi kaadhu ammaki. )

Vikram hugged Vasudha and tears rolled down from Vasudha's eyes. Vikram's eyes fell on the staff portfolio sticked on the wall. He saw Vaidehi's photo. He saw those very same eyes and infectious smile. He shut his eyes as he realised that she is not his girl in this lifetime.

..........

How's the chapter ?