17. THE PARTY

The reception hosted by  Vikramaditya and Vaidehi was a spectacle of elegance and grandeur. The venue was transformed into a vision of luxury with intricate chandeliers casting a warm, golden glow over the room. Lush floral arrangements in shades of ivory and blush adorned every corner by adding a touch of romance to the atmosphere. Guests arrived in their finest attires and their voices mingling with the soft strains of a live orchestra that played in the background by setting the tone for a night of celebration.

At the entrance, Vaishnav and Vasudha were the first faces that guests encountered. Vaishnav is  dressed in a sharp suit. He extended firm handshakes and exchanged cheerful greetings with each arriving guest. His warm demeanor set a welcoming tone, reflecting his pride in the occasion. Beside him, Vasudha was a vision of grace in a stunning saree, her smile is radiant as she offered heartfelt welcomes. Her eyes sparkled with excitement, though there was a hint of strain as she tried to keep everything perfect for her brother and new sister-in-law.

Jagadisha and Indrani, were deeply immersed in conversations with their friends and family. Jagadisha is  a dignified and well reputed man with a calm presence. He conversed animatedly about the union of their families and the joy of the evening. Indrani is equally elegant. She  was engaged in lively discussions and her eyes are shining with the pride of a mother seeing her Vaidehi embark on a new chapter of life.

Meanwhile, Vikramaditya's mother was engrossed in conversation with a group of old friends. Her charm and grace added a touch of sophistication to the gathering, and her ability to engage everyone in heartfelt conversations made her a focal point of the evening's social interactions.

The new couple are standing on the dias and are  gracing the night with elegance. Vikramaditya is wearing a grey suit paired up with a white shirt and Vaidehi is wearing a graceful net saree of the silver shade with lot of stone work. Her face is shining brighter than the expensive diamonds that are adorning her body. 

Vikramaditya introduced Vaidehi to his friends , extended family and also some of his close businesses associates. Everyone was impressed with his choice in life partner and Even Vaidehi's friends and family are adoring Vikramaditya a lot. 

As the evening unfolded Rajeev became a focal point of concern for Vikramaditya. Rajeev had been seen engaging closely with a glamorous actress who had come for the reception. Vikramaditya, who had always harbored a sense of distrust towards Rajeev. He couldn't ignore the growing unease in his stomach. Rajeev's behavior with the actress seemed overly familiar, and it didn't escape Vikramaditya's notice that his attention was more than just casual. Vikramaditya clenched his fist by seeing rajeev. 

( Vaidehi : emaindhi ? ) 

Vaidehi : Are you ok ? 

Vaidehi saw his eyes becoming bloodshot. She looked in the direction in which he is staring. She saw rajeev who is holding an actress by her waist and laughing as she spoke something. 

...............

As the night wore on and the crowd began to thin, Vikramaditya's patience had reached its limit. He spotted Rajeev standing alone near the bar with a glass of whiskey in his hand and his earlier companion no longer in sight. Vikramaditya is feeling the weight of his concern and frustration as he approached him with purpose.

( Vikramaditya : Bava ! Meetho koncham maatladochha ? ) 

Vikramaditya : Bava ! can we have a word ? 

Vikramaditya's voice was calm but carried a note of urgency.

Rajeev glanced up with his expression a mixture of surprise and guarded curiosity. 

( Rajeev : Sare Vikramaditya . Deni gurinchi ? ) 

Rajeev : Sure, Vikramaditya. What's this about ?