Chapter 20: Freaky

December 16 2023

Racheal and Darby were seen at the library together, Both of them were staying focused and prepared for the exams and each test got harder for them, The couple were seen reading a book but Darby could hear some whispers from the other students, Which angers him.

Bully: Can you believe she's dating that guy? He's so plain and average.

Bully: She's weird, They're both weird, actually.

Bully: Maybe she's just desperate and settled for the first guy who showed interest.

Bully: Or maybe she has low standards.

Bully: I mean, seriously, can you picture her with him? It just doesn't make any sense.

Bully: Yeah, it's like she's just using him to boost her confidence or something.

Darby was getting annoyed as he closed his book and grabbed Racheal's hand.

Darby: Hey love, let's go sit over there. It's much quieter.

Racheal looked at him before nodding, She could tell he seemed annoyed about someone, Racheal squeezed his hand and got up from the chairs as Darby glared at the bullies before taking his girlfriend to the other table. The couple sat down as Racheal spoke to him.

Racheal: Is everything okay?

Darby: *Sighs* Those girls were saying terrible stuff about us.

Racheal looked at those girls and felt a little annoyed but disappointed as well.

Darby: I can't tolerate hearing that, It's like everyone just questions our love.

Racheal: I guess the haters always try to bring us down.

She frowned but squeezed his hand as Darby shook his hand and held her hand tightly, Both of them just wished no one could question them all the time.

Darby: I don't know, Rach. . . I'm feeling a bit bad myself, to be honest.

Racheal: Why?

Darby: Look, I love you so much, You're my whole heart and soul. . . Hearing all of this makes me wonder, I'm I actually good enough for you?. . . I really do my best to make you happy and be there for you, but sometimes. . . I feel insecure about myself.

Racheal frowned and understood how he felt, but it never took away the love she had for him.

Racheal: You're my everything. You're perfect for me, Darby. You're the one I'm been searching for.

She spoke softly as Darby felt his heart beating faster.

Racheal: And no one is gonna take away the love we have. . . Look, I feel the same sometimes, especially when I look at other girls. . . But I'm so happy that you chose me.