Chapter 15: Trouble in the dark

December 4 2023

There was a football game happening as the coach, along with the other players who were taking breaks, were watching the match. The woman's team had already finished their match and decided to watch the men's game.

Each player of the two teams were running to kick the ball as the coach continued watching them while the other players were cheering for their team. The girls were watching the match as Jessica was mostly eyeing on Jason.

She smiled and watched him as Jason scored a goal as everyone cheered along with Jessica and Cassie

Jessica: Let's go, Jason!

In the past three months, Jason has worked different part-time jobs to support his family and pay for his father's treatment, His life became a bit stressful when handling his studies and personal problems. But so far, He has been doing well in the football team, but there were times he felt so stressed out that he couldn't play properly.

Jessica has been supporting him as well, and both of them have become really good friends, Jason really felt comfortable around her and even opened up about his life and feelings, On the other hand, Jessica enjoys hanging out with Jason and developed a huge crush on him but she hasn't told him about her feelings yet.

Cassie: Look! Jason scored the goal!

Jessica: I'm so happy! He does a lot for his team.

Cassie: That's for sure! But is it me, or does he look a little down today?

Jessica frowned and noticed Jason didn't celebrate his goal, but his teammates did.

Jessica: You know, Cassie. He's going through a lot right now. His father's state has become more critical as the months went by.

Cassie: I feel really sorry for him, I really hope things will get better for him and his family.

Jessica: I really hope the same. . . I feel really bad for him.

Soon, the next round started as there were ten minutes left until the game ended. Everyone continued watching the game as Jason was running towards the ball, but one of the opponents were running behind him, Both of them had their eye on the ball as they continued running fast.

Just before Jason was going to kick the ball, the opponent was in adrenaline that he accidentally bumped his head on Jason's head and because of the impact, Both of them fell on the ground as everyone in the court were shocked.

Jason was holding his head tightly as the coach shouted and told them to stop the game, Jason couldn't understand what was going on, but his head was hurting so much, He eventually lost consciousness.

The opponent managed to get up and noticed Jason was unconscious as his eyes were widen and he crawled towards him and tried to wake him up, Several players including the opponents and the coach ran towards Jason to check up on him.