Chapter 21: Attraction

December 16 2023

Scarlett was seen in her office as she was checking on the exams paper for every student, She was grading the papers and felt a little upset that some students had low scores, She sighed to herself, hoping her students would focus on class

Scarlett: These students. . .

She continued looking through the papers until she found Alex's paper, A small smile creeped on her lips as Scarlett was reading the answers, He answered all the questions correctly except for two.

Scarlett: At least he's quite smart.

She graded his paper and continued smiling to herself, It's been a while since she spoke or hung out with him since their talk at the cafe, She was planning on speaking to him later on.

Suddenly, the door opened as Scarlett looked in confusion, A man entered the office who seemed to be a janitor.

Scarlett: Excuse me? What are you doing here?

The janitor looked at her and didn't give a response, Scarlett had a strange feeling about this as she got up from her chair.

Scarlett: Sir, I didn't ask you to clean my office.

???: You still look beautiful as always, Scarlett.

Her eyes widen, recognising the man's voice. Shivers ran down her spine as she spoke to him.

Scarlett: T-Tyler?

He removed his cap and stared at Scarlett, She looked at him in shock and anger, It was her ex-husband, Tyler Hoechlin

He was her first husband, and Scarlett really loved him. However, He was very toxic, Tyler once cheated on her, but she forgave him, He always gaslights her and secretly disrespects her, without her knowing. Tyler took things even further by beating up a student who tried to speak to her when she worked as a teacher in high school.

That was the main reason, She broke up with him, Tyler didn't care about the breakup and left her as well, However. . . He was back for some reason.

Tyler: No, long time no see, Congratulations on working in Hemsworth University, One of the biggest-