Chapter 7: Interactions

August 11 2023

Physics class was over as it was lunch break, All the students were seen taking their lunch in the cafeteria while others went back to their dorms to either cook something for themselves or do their own activities, Alex was seen eating a sandwich while he was thinking about his studies in marketing, Tomorrow was going to be another business class and Ambrose wanted to make sure to prepare himself.

He continued eating food while reading a novel. However, he was getting disturbed by the noises in the background as Ambrose looked around the cafeteria before he continued reading the novel.

He heard heels clicking on the ground as Ambrose turned around and saw the English teacher as she was looking around the cafeteria, watching the students before she noticed Alex was looking at her.

She stared at him before turning away as Ambrose stared at her, Scarlett was trying to find a seat in the cafeteria

She stared at him before turning away as Ambrose stared at her, Scarlett was trying to find a seat in the cafeteria. However, she noticed it was full as Scarlett thought about going to the office, Alex could tell she wanted to sit somewhere as Ambrose called her.

Alex: Excuse me.

Johansson looked at him and raised an eyebrow as Ambrose pointed at the chair in front of him, Scarlett did find it odd to sit with a student, but she decided to sit in the chair.

Scarlett: Thank you.

Alex: It's fine, Should I go?

Scarlett was silent and looked at him before she shook her head.

Scarlett: No, It's fine. You can sit here.

She took a deep breath and looked around as Ambrose nodded, The next few minutes were full of silence between the two as Alex continued reading his book. However, he noticed she looked stressed out.

Alex: What's the matter, Miss?

Scarlett: Nothing, I'm fine.

Alex: *Closes his book* You seem stressed out.

Scarlett was surprised that he noticed how she was feeling. However, she didn't want to admit it that she was actually thinking about something.

Scarlett: No, I'm not stressed out about anything.

Alex: Are you sure?

Scarlett: Why are you asking anyway? What would you do?

Alex: You know, if you talk to someone about how you're feeling, you feel that weight off your shoulders, It's good to speak about your feelings to someone who would support and understand you.

He was right, Scarlett was impressed by what he said, She fixed her hair and gave a smile to him while speaking.

Scarlett: Good point. You're that new student, right?

He nodded as Scarlett shook her head, Alex was waiting for her to speak about her feelings, Scarlett took a deep breath before she continued talking.

Scarlett: It's just my ex boyfriend, We met again last week after we broke up four months ago.