Chapter 4: New Allies

The following days at school were different. Word spread quickly about how Zioles had confronted Ethan and his gang, and though the bullies hadn’t completely backed off, they were noticeably more cautious around him. Students who had previously ignored Zioles now looked at him with a mix of respect and curiosity. But more than anything, Zioles felt a growing sense of responsibility. Elara’s project was real, and he knew he couldn’t do it alone.

After another day of classes, Elara texted Zioles to meet her at the same café where they had first spoken. When he arrived, she wasn’t alone. Two other teenagers sat across from her, both about his age. One was a tall, lean boy with short, neatly trimmed hair and a focused, serious expression. The other had a more relaxed demeanor, with longer hair pulled back into a ponytail and a confident grin.

Zioles approached the table, unsure of what to expect. Elara looked up and motioned for him to sit down.

“Zioles, I want you to meet the others who will be joining us,” she said. “This is Kaito,” she said, gesturing to the tall, serious boy. “He’s trained in Taekwondo.”

Kaito gave a slight nod, his eyes sharp and calculating. Zioles could immediately tell that this was someone who took his training very seriously.

“And this is Mason,” Elara continued, nodding toward the boy with the ponytail. “He’s a Karate fighter.”

Mason flashed a smile and extended his hand. “Nice to meet you, Zioles. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Zioles shook Mason’s hand, feeling a bit more at ease. “Nice to meet you both. So, you’re part of this project too?”

Kaito nodded. “Elara found us a while back. We’ve been training and working together to take on similar problems at our schools. When she told us about you, we knew you’d be a great addition.”

Mason leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. “Yeah, it’s about time we had someone who knows how to throw a punch like you do. Taekwondo and Karate are great, but Muay Thai? That’s next level.”

Zioles felt a bit of the tension ease from his shoulders. These two didn’t seem like the typical fighters—there was a camaraderie between them that made Zioles feel like he was part of something bigger.

“So what’s the plan?” Zioles asked, looking at Elara.

Elara folded her hands on the table, her expression serious. “Now that you’ve all met, it’s time to start working together. The bullies at your school, Zioles, aren’t the only problem. There are others in the surrounding schools who have been causing trouble, and it’s only a matter of time before they start targeting yours. We need to be ready.”

Kaito spoke up, his tone calm but firm. “The idea is to protect our schools from these groups, but also to send a message. We’re not just defending ourselves—we’re showing that we won’t tolerate this kind of behavior.”

Mason nodded in agreement. “We’ve already handled a few situations at our schools, but we’ve heard that there’s a group from Ridgeway High that’s been planning something big. They’re notorious for starting fights and causing chaos wherever they go. If they decide to target Highland High, we’ll need to be prepared.”

Zioles absorbed the information, his mind racing. “So what’s our next move?”

Elara leaned forward, her voice steady. “We’re going to train together, get to know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Then, we’ll come up with a strategy to deal with these groups. It won’t be easy, but I believe in each of you. We’re going to make a difference.”

Kaito and Mason both nodded in agreement, and Zioles felt a surge of determination. For the first time, he wasn’t facing this alone. He had allies—fighters like him, who were ready to stand up against the bullies and protect those who couldn’t protect themselves.

The meeting ended with plans to train together the next day. As Zioles left the café, he felt a renewed sense of purpose. He was no longer just a quiet, unassuming boy trying to get through the day. He was part of something bigger—a team that was ready to fight back against the darkness creeping into their schools.

The challenges ahead would be tough, but Zioles knew that with Kaito, Mason, and Elara by his side, they had a real chance of making a difference.