Chapter 13: The Iron Grip

The sky was overcast, dark clouds swirling ominously above as if mirroring the tension that had settled over Highland High. Zioles and his friends had been on edge, knowing that Leon’s men were out there, plotting their next move. But today felt different—an unshakable sense of foreboding lingered in the air, even though they had no idea just how close the danger really was.

As Zioles, Mason, and Kaito gathered near the school’s back gate, they were unaware that Leon had already made his move. His enforcer, Ironclad, was on the hunt, and he was coming for them one by one.

Ironclad moved through the streets like a shadow, his hulking figure drawing the eye of anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path. He was a fighter like no other, a man forged in the fires of The Pit, and his name alone was enough to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. With his muscles coiled and eyes cold as steel, he was a force to be reckoned with.

Mason was the first to encounter him. The teen had been on edge, his thoughts preoccupied with the ever-present threat of Leon’s men. He had just left a local convenience store, his mind elsewhere, when Ironclad stepped into his path.

Mason froze, his instincts screaming that something was wrong. The man before him was massive, his presence exuding danger. Mason recognized him immediately—this was Ironclad, the underground legend he’d heard about in hushed whispers.

“What do you want?” Mason asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Ironclad smirked, the expression not quite reaching his eyes. “Leon sent me. You’re coming with me, one way or another.”

Mason’s heart pounded in his chest, but he refused to back down. He quickly shifted into a Karate fighting stance, knowing that running was useless. “You’ll have to take me down first.”

“Gladly,” Ironclad replied, his voice like gravel.

Mason moved first, launching a series of quick punches and powerful kicks, his Karate training sharp and precise. But Ironclad barely flinched as he blocked the attacks, his strength and endurance far beyond anything Mason had faced before. Ironclad countered with brutal force, his fists slamming into Mason like sledgehammers.

Despite his best efforts, Mason was quickly overwhelmed. Ironclad’s power was relentless, each strike more devastating than the last. Mason staggered back, his vision blurring from the pain. Ironclad didn’t give him a moment to recover. With one final, crushing blow, he sent Mason crashing to the ground, unconscious.

Ironclad didn’t waste time. He bound Mason’s hands and feet with thick ropes, ensuring he wouldn’t escape. Slinging the unconscious boy over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, Ironclad set off in search of his next target: Kaito.

Meanwhile, deep within the twisted maze of corridors beneath the city, Elara was in serious trouble. Leon, Cobra, and Viper stood over her as she was strapped to a cold, metal table in a dimly lit room that reeked of antiseptic and fear. Viper had called in his best medics—men who were more familiar with patching up fighters than administering care. Elara had learned too much about The Pit, and now, they intended to use her to learn just how far she’d gotten.

“This isn’t necessary,” Elara managed to say, her voice trembling but defiant. “You won’t get away with this.”

Leon leaned over her, his eyes gleaming with malice. “Oh, but I already have. You shouldn’t have stuck your nose where it didn’t belong, Elara. Now you’re going to pay the price.”

Cobra, standing nearby, watched with a detached expression, his arms crossed. Viper, on the other hand, seemed almost eager, a twisted smile playing on his lips as he prepared the drugs that would force the truth out of Elara.

“You’ll tell us everything,” Viper said, his voice low and menacing. “And once we know what you’ve found, maybe—just maybe—we’ll let you go.”

Elara’s heart raced as she realized the severity of her situation. But even as fear gripped her, she steeled herself. She couldn’t give them what they wanted. She couldn’t betray Zioles and the others, no matter what they did to her.

Back above ground, Kaito was training alone in a secluded part of the park, unaware that Ironclad was closing in on him. He had felt uneasy all day, a sense of impending danger hanging over him like a storm cloud. But he had pushed those feelings aside, focusing instead on refining his Taekwondo techniques, determined to be ready for whatever came next.

But as he moved through his forms, a shadow fell across him. Kaito looked up, his breath catching in his throat as he saw Ironclad standing at the edge of the clearing, Mason’s unconscious body slung over his shoulder.

“Kaito,” Ironclad said, his voice carrying a weight of finality. “It’s your turn.”

Kaito’s eyes widened as he dropped into a fighting stance, his mind racing. Mason had clearly been defeated, and now it was up to him to stop Ironclad. But as he studied the giant of a man before him, doubt crept in. Could he really take on someone like Ironclad?

There was no time for hesitation. Kaito launched himself at Ironclad, his movements fluid and controlled. He aimed for Ironclad’s weak points, trying to exploit any opening he could find. But Ironclad was a seasoned fighter, his experience in The Pit making him nearly invincible. He absorbed Kaito’s strikes with barely a flinch, his counterattacks brutal and precise.

Kaito fought valiantly, his skill and determination pushing him to his limits. His Taekwondo kicks were fast and powerful, but Ironclad’s sheer strength was overwhelming. It wasn’t long before Kaito found himself on the ground, struggling to catch his breath, his vision fading in and out.

Ironclad loomed over him, his expression unreadable. “You fought well,” he said, almost as if he respected Kaito’s efforts. But then he bound Kaito’s hands and feet just as he had with Mason, ensuring that neither of them would escape.

With both of them secured, Ironclad began his journey back to Leon’s hideout, where the next phase of Leon’s plan awaited. Zioles and his friends were strong, but Ironclad was stronger. And now, with Mason and Kaito captured, Leon was one step closer to victory.

As the day darkened into night, Zioles wandered the streets, unaware that his friends had been taken. He could feel the tension in the air, a sense of foreboding that wouldn’t leave him. Something was wrong—he could feel it in his bones. But what? Where were Mason and Kaito?

Unbeknownst to him, time was running out. Leon’s web was closing in, and the next move in this deadly game was about to be made.