Chapter 14: Fight for Survival

Mason groaned as he slowly regained consciousness, the pain from Ironclad’s earlier attack still throbbing in his muscles. His hands were tied behind his back, and he could feel the rough rope digging into his wrists. The room was dimly lit, the air thick with the stench of sweat and fear. He glanced over to see Kaito lying nearby, similarly bound and struggling to move.

“Kaito,” Mason whispered urgently, his voice hoarse. “Are you awake?”

Kaito stirred, wincing as he tried to sit up. “Yeah… barely,” he replied, his voice strained. “What happened? Where are we?”

“We’re in deep trouble, that’s what,” Mason muttered, shifting uncomfortably. “Ironclad brought us here, wherever ‘here’ is. But we need to get out—now.”

Kaito grunted in frustration as he tugged at the ropes. “Easier said than done. These knots are tight.”

Mason’s mind raced, searching for a way out. That’s when he remembered something. “Wait… I think my phone’s still in my pocket. If we can just reach it, we might be able to call for help.”

Kaito glanced over at Mason, his eyes narrowing with determination. “Alright, let’s try. You’ll have to angle yourself so I can reach your pocket.”

Mason nodded and began awkwardly shifting his body, trying to position himself so Kaito could access his pocket. It was a clumsy, painful process, but after a few tense moments, Kaito managed to stretch his fingers towards Mason’s pants pocket. He fumbled around, trying to grab hold of the phone without much success.

“Hurry,” Mason urged, glancing nervously at the door. “We don’t have much time.”

Finally, Kaito’s fingers brushed against the edge of the phone, and with a bit more effort, he managed to pull it out. His hands trembling, he maneuvered the phone so he could use his nose to unlock the screen and send a message to Zioles.

Meanwhile, Leon’s hideout was a place of dark corridors and ominous silence. Elara was still strapped to the metal table, her eyes darting around the room as she tried to think of a way to escape. The door creaked open, and her heart sank as she saw Ironclad enter, dragging Mason and Kaito behind him.

“Good job, Ironclad,” Leon said, stepping out of the shadows with a smirk. “Now go stand outside. If there’s an intruder, deal with them.”

Ironclad grunted in acknowledgment and exited the room, his heavy footsteps echoing down the hall. Leon turned back to Mason, Kaito, and Elara, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction. “Welcome to my little corner of the world,” he said mockingly. “You’re going to love it here.”

Mason glared at Leon, his jaw clenched in anger. “You won’t get away with this.”

Leon chuckled darkly, shaking his head. “Oh, but I already have. Now sit tight while I go prepare the next phase of my plan.”

As Leon turned to leave, Kaito managed to send the message to Zioles. He could only hope it would reach him in time.

Zioles had been pacing the streets, trying to shake off the uneasy feeling that had been gnawing at him all day. When his phone buzzed, he quickly pulled it out, his heart skipping a beat when he saw the message from Kaito. The words were hastily typed but clear enough to convey the urgency of the situation.

Mason and I are captured. Leon has Elara. We’re in trouble. Ironclad is guarding the entrance.

Zioles didn’t waste a second. He sprinted towards the location Kaito had mentioned, his mind racing with strategies to take down Ironclad. He knew this would be the toughest fight he’d faced yet, but he had no choice. He had to save his friends.