06: her muse

YESEUL SQUINTED against the bright sunlight as she stepped out of the convenience store, a bottle of hangover drink in one hand and her tote bag slung over her shoulder

YESEUL SQUINTED against the bright sunlight as she stepped out of the convenience store, a bottle of hangover drink in one hand and her tote bag slung over her shoulder. She sighed, the slight breeze doing little to alleviate her heavy-headness. Why did I even get out of bed today? The streets were quieter than usual and she found herself wandering aimlessly, hoping something would spark an idea for her project.

Dressed in a casual cropped polo shirt and baggy jeans, Yeseul had rolled out of her bed with the first outfit she could find in her closet. Her hair was tied in a low bun, with a few thin strands framing her face, giving her a slightly disheveled yet an effortlessly chic look.

As she strolled down the streets, her mind still foggy from the remnants of last night's drinks, she suddenly froze. A familiar figure was leaning casually against the wall of a nearby cafe, his arms crossed and his attention seemimgly on his phone.

It was Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon?" she called out, half-surprised and half-curious. What's he doing here?

He turned his head at the sound of his name, his expression brightening when he saw her. "Yeseul," he greeted, pushing himself off the wall and walking towards her. His smile was easy, almost making seem out of the place in a mundane setting. "Shouldn't you be at the university right now?"

Yeseul laughed nervously, scratching the back of her neck. "I could ask you the same thing," she retorted, attempting to deflect. "What are you doing here?"

Sunghoon shrugged, his eyes glinting with mischief. "I didn't feel like going today. Thought I'd take a break, you know?"

She nodded, biting her lip as she tried to come up with an excuse. "Yeah, same here. My head was kind of aching this morning, so I decided to skip."

Sunghoon raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying her excuse but letting it slide. "A hangover headache, right?" he teased lightly and Yeseul's cheeks reddened.

"Maybe," she muttered, taking another sip of her drink, trying to hide her embarrassment.

Sunghoon chuckled and the sound was warm, almost comforting. "So, what are you doing out here then? Just wandering?"

Yeseul shrugged. "Figured I'd try to catch some inspiration for my project. I mean, if I'm not going to class, I might as well be productive, right?"

"Inspiration, huh?" Sunghoon mused, his gaze flickering over her as if he was sizing her up. Then, a playful glint appeared in his eyes, and he leaned in slightly. "How about I be your muse for the day?"

Yeseul blinked, caught off by the suggestion. "My muse?" she echoed, not quite sure she heard him correctly.

"Yeah," Sunghoon grinned, his confidence almost palpable. "You could take some random shots of me. It might spark some ideas for your project. What do you think?"