01: resurfacing of old history

THE CAMPUS was buzzing with the usual midday energy- students rushing between classes, the distant hum of conversation, and the soft clicking of camera shutters as photography club members captured the fleeting beauty of everyday moments

THE CAMPUS was buzzing with the usual midday energy- students rushing between classes, the distant hum of conversation, and the soft clicking of camera shutters as photography club members captured the fleeting beauty of everyday moments. It was just another day at Chuang-Ang University, but for Yeseul, everything felt different.

She had spent the last few years honing her photography skills, building a reputation as one of the most talented students in the art department. But no matter how much time passed, she couldn't shake the memory of that day- the day- when she had unknowingly crossed paths with someone who would become her greatest rival and her greatest challenge.

Yeseul adjusted the strap of her camera bag as she made her way across the courtyard, her thoughts wandering to the upcoming exhibition. This year's theme was "Contrast", and she had been working tirelessly to create a series that would stand out. The stakes were higher than ever, with top recruiters and critics attending, and Yeseul was determined to make an impact.

But as she approached the art building, she felt a familiar chill run down her spine. It was the kind of sensation that came when someone was watching you, and sure enough, when she turned around, she saw him.

Heeseung was standing a few feet away, his gaze fixed on her with a intensity that made her heart skip a beat. He looked different now- older, more refined- but the coldness in his eyes was the same. It was as if time had frozen, and they were back in that competition hall, where everything started.

For a moment, neither of them spoke. The noise of the campus seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them in a silent standoff, Yeseul's fingers tightened around the strap of her camera bag, her mind racing with memories she had tried so hard to forget.

Heeseung was the first to break the silence. "You're still here", he said, his voice low and even. There was no warmth in his tone, just a detached observation, as if her presence was a minor inconvenience in his day.

Yeseul lifted her chin, refusing to be intimidated. "Why wouldn't I be?", she replied, matching his cool demeanor. "This is my campus too."

Heeseung's lips curved into a faint, almost mocking smile. "Of course, I just didn't expect to see you again, that's all."

The tension between them was palpable, a lingering remnant of the unresolved past. Yeseul could feel the weight of his gaze, searching for any sign of weakness but she refused to give him the satisfaction.

"You're here for the exhibition, I assume?" Yeseul asked, trying to steer the conversation back to neutral ground.

Heeseung nodded, his expression unreadable. "I am. And you?"

"Same", she simply said, though the thought of competing against him again made her stomach twist. She had grown so much since that day, but she knew, Heeseung had too. The stakes were higher now, and time time, neither of them would back down.

As they stood there, the world seemed to spin back into motion around them, the noise of the camous returning in full force. But for Yeseul and Heeseung, the moment felt like the calm before a storm- a storm brewing for years, and now ready to unleash it's full force.

Just then, a familiar voice broke through the tension. "Hyung, are you done sulking, or should I get you another cup of coffee?"

Sunghoon appeared, striding confidently towards Heeseung with a casual almost playful air. His eyes darted to Yeseul, taking in the scene with a mix of curiosity and amusement.

"Sunghoon", Heeseung said, a rare hint of warmth in his voice as he acknowledged his brother. "Just in time, I was about to lose my patience here."

Sunghoon grinned, his gaze lingering on Yeseul for a moment before focusing on Heeseung. "I figured I should rescue you from whatever this is. And it looks like I'm right on cue. Hi there", he said to Yeseul, extending a friendly hand. "Been a long time, hasn't it?"

Yeseul shook his hand, her eyes narrowing slightly at the casual tone. "I suppose so."

Sunghoon chuckled, glancing at Heeseung with an eyebrow raised. "Well, if you need any help with the exhibition, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to support you, even if Heeseung tries to make it difficult."

Heeseung rolled his eyes, but there was a faint smile on his lips. "Don't listen to him. He's here to distract me from my work, not to offer genuine support."

As the three of them stood there, the tension between Yeseul and Heeseung seemed to momentarily dissipate, replaced by a new dynamic. Sunghoon's easygoing nature provided a stark contrast to Heeseung's intense focus, and his presence added a new layer to the unfolding scene.

Yeseul couldn't help but feel intrigued by Sunghoon's casual demeanor and the way he seemed to balance out Heeseung's seriousness. Maybe this was the start of something new, something that would add even more chaos and excitement to the conpetition. Only time would tell how these interactions would shape their story- and whether she would be able to break free from the shadow of her old rivalry.

🎞˙✧˖°📷 ༘ ⋆。˚