81 ~ Our kids

Aarav pov :

" The reports are fine. But her body is so weak. Blood percentage is low. This is why she is having unbearable pain. In case , if she gets pregnant , there will be complications arise during her labour . That might risk her life too. The point is she can't bear the labour pain. "

I was lost in her words. Risk her life ! Can't bear the labour pain !

" Aarav ... Aarav ... Are you listening ? "

Meera's words bring me back from my unconscious state.

" Yeah "

I looked at Idhalya who is looking like lost completely. I held her hand firmly and made her look into my eyes

" Hey ... Idhalya ... Look at me .... Nothing is wrong with you. Okay ? "

Her eyes are facing me without any emotions.

" Meera , does that mean , if she is strong and healthy , she can get pregnant and ... Can labour without any risk ? "

The words came out without my strong beliefs.

" We can't say that now. We need to check her once again . We need to maintain her diet . Make her fit. It all depends on how she took care of her health."

Meera's words are echoing in my mind continuously.

I couldn't accept the word .... Risk for her life.

I opened the car door for Idhalya , she didn't even look at me once. After we left the hospital, I tried to talk to her. To distract her.  But nothing works out. She was lost in her own thoughts.

After we reached home, she didn't wait , she ran into our room hurriedly. I followed her silently. Once I opened the door, she was not in the room. I went to check the bathroom. She is not there either. My eyes fall on the balcony. She was silently sitting on the swing by giving her knees to her chest. I walked towards her without making any noise. Sat beside her. She didn't even turn her head towards me. I shift closer to her.

She suddenly laid her head against my shoulder and circled her hand around my biceps tightly.

" You love children ? "

Her words barely came out. I don't know how to respond. I said the truth.

" Mm .... Do you love kids ? "

I asked in return. She went silent for a few seconds and said.

" Yes "

Her words are breaking.

" Do you want children ? "

I asked carefully.

" Do you ? "

She asked me .

" I want .... But not in the risk of your life. If there is any situation to choose between you and our children , I will choose you. We can have children in many possible way . We can adopt them. A lot of children are homeless and yearning for love . We can give them lots of love. Or we can go for surrogacy. Maybe these ways will hurt us , but I never risk your life. I want you. I want you in my life Idhalya. "

I never choose these options at first in my life if this isn't the case.

I intertwined my fingers with hers and press them firmly , give her the support .

" You know what Aarav ... I always dream about , how I look like with the huge belly , bearing our kid , yours and mine , they will have our genes , they will have our eyes , they will have our hair colour , they will resemble us . What it might feel to be kicked by our infant inside my stomach. And how it feels to tell you that our child kicked me , how your eyes will glow to my words , how our child responds to your touch. "