Part 2

The garden at the Fu residence was filled with roses.

Whenever I had nothing to do, I would go there to trim the branches.

Lin Song Ya specifically came to find me: "So you're Shi Shuang?"

She looked me up and down, the disdain in her eyes completely unmasked.

"Do you know why there are only roses in the Fu residence's garden?

"Because I like them. Fu Rong Yu planted them for me."

My hand holding the scissors trembled slightly.

If it weren't for the penalty of losing ten times the points for harming an NPC, I would have loved to slap her.

With a snap, I cut off the fullest rose on the branch and tossed it to the ground: "But I'm his fiancée now."

Lin Song Ya's face turned red as she glared at me: "I won't let you get your way!"

At that moment, Fu Rong Yu's tall figure appeared in the distance.

Lin Song Ya quickly grabbed my hand and swung it toward her own face, then dramatically collapsed to the ground.

Fu Rong Yu rushed over, scooping her up with a look of panic: "Song Ya, are you okay?"

Lin Song Ya curled up in his arms, shaking her head, tears shimmering in her eyes.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have come here. I'll book a flight back to France tomorrow. Ah-Yu, please don't blame Miss Shi. She didn't mean to hit me. She's just... she's just like me, she loves you too much."

The green tea vibe was almost enough to blow the top of my head off.

But Fu Rong Yu ate it up, glaring at me as if his eyes were knives:

"As long as I'm here, no one can force you to leave, unless she doesn't want to stay at the Fu residence anymore."

Lin Song Ya smirked at me when Fu Rong Yu wasn't looking.

I needed to have a talk with the system later. This wife-chasing abusive novel was too stupid.

They should at least give me more points for dealing with this nonsense.

Fu Rong Yu feared I might bully Lin Song Ya again.

So, wherever he went, he made sure to bring her along.

The entire circle was buzzing with the news that Fu Rong Yu now had a beautiful secretary by his side.

The two were inseparable, and their relationship seemed anything but ordinary.

Just when I had a few days of peace, the plot kicked back in.

The mother I had in this world called me, demanding twenty million yuan.

"Mom, I really don't have that much money."

"Don't think I don't know about the trust fund your dad left you."

"After Dad's accident, that money was frozen."

"The Fu family is so wealthy, ask Fu Rong Yu for it! You have three days—either give me twenty million, or I'll tell Fu Rong Yu about that incident. Then we'll see if you can still be the fiancée of the Fu Corporation's president!"

With that, she hung up.

Cursing the plot under my breath, I dialed Fu Rong Yu's number:

"Where are you? I need to talk to you about something important."

There was a brief silence on the other end before he uttered two words: "Lan Shan."

Lan Shan was the most extravagant club in S City.

Only the rich and powerful frequented such a place.

When I opened the door, I saw Fu Rong Yu sitting at the head of the table, lazily holding a cigarette, with Lin Song Ya nestled in his arms.

He didn't even bother to look up when he saw me: "What do you want?"

I walked up to him, struggling to get the words out: "Can you give me twenty million yuan?"

"Sure, pour me a drink."

When did Fu Rong Yu become so agreeable?

Just as I picked up the bottle and was about to pour the wine into his glass, his long, slender fingers blocked the rim.

"Not like that. You need to—"

"Kneel."

I wondered if I had misheard him.

In the last world, the only person I had ever knelt to was the emperor.

And now, in the modern world, he wanted me to kneel?

"Don't just stand there, sis-in-law! Hurry up and pour the drink for Brother Yu.

"Better do it fast, or Brother Yu might get angry and not give you the money."

Fu Rong Yu exhaled a ring of smoke, his face expressionless as he looked at me.

Fine, I was just a diligent worker trying to get the job done. If I didn't follow the plot, I wouldn't complete the mission, and without completing the mission, there would be no points.

So, I resigned myself to kneeling at Fu Rong Yu's feet, my hands trembling as I poured the wine for him.

Fu Rong Yu picked up the glass and sneered, "Shi Shuang, you've poured too much."

With a slight tilt of his wrist—

The icy liquid poured down over my head.

It was midsummer, and I was only wearing a thin dress. The water quickly soaked through, spreading across my chest.

In Fu Rong Yu's indifferent eyes, I saw myself as nothing more than a clown.

This male lead... he must really be sick in the head.

Someone whistled: "Wow, sis-in-law, you've got quite the figure. How about you come with me instead? I'll give you money."

Upon hearing this, I looked at him and asked, "Are you serious?"

He hadn't expected that, and was so startled he quickly shut his mouth, too afraid to say anything more.

Fu Rong Yu, now irritated, tugged at his collar.

He pulled out a card and flung it at my face: "Get out."

I said a quick "thank you" and hurriedly got up from the floor.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Fu Rong Yu take a sip of wine, then pull Lin Song Ya in for a forceful kiss, his hand pressing against the back of her head.

Lin Song Ya pretended to resist, her voice coquettish: "Don't do that, Ah-Yu, there's someone else here."

Fu Rong Yu glanced at me indifferently, then casually slipped Lin Song Ya's dress off her shoulder.

My last sight of that scene was Lin Song Ya boldly straddling Fu Rong Yu's lap.

She clung to his neck, kissing him passionately.

Urgh, disgusting pair!