Part 11

The charity gala was teeming with high society elites.

I heard that besides my painting, there were many rare and valuable items up for auction that you wouldn't normally see on the market.

I had just taken my seat in the front row when a familiar voice drifted over from nearby.

"Shi Shuang? You really have thick skin. You're the one who said you'd let go, yet here you are trying every trick to bump into Ah-Yu. Are you planning to pull your usual clingy routine again?"

Lin Song Ya strolled over, arm-in-arm with Fu Rong Yu.

She held her chin high, flaunting the priceless emerald necklace around her neck.

Her pale fingers sparkled with a dazzling engagement ring.

She smiled smugly: "Sorry, but you missed your chance. Ah-Yu and I are getting married next month."

"Miss Lin, are you telling me this so I can contribute to the wedding gift fund?"

With that, I couldn't be bothered to engage further, and simply looked down, flipping through the auction catalog.

Just then, Rong Jing finished his conversation with Mr. Huo and returned.

He sat beside me, naturally wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close.

His voice was tinged with mockery: "What's wrong, baby? Did you see something dirty again?"

"Yeah, I should've checked the calendar before heading out."

"Shi Shuang." Fu Rong Yu finally couldn't hold back any longer, speaking in a cold tone, "I know you're with Fu Rong Jing to get back at me. This whole playing hard to get act won't work on me, so stop wasting your time."

I turned to look at Fu Rong Yu, noticing how the halo of the male lead was gradually fading.

There was a strange emotion in his furrowed brows, one he probably hadn't even realized himself.

"President Fu, you're taking yourself way too seriously. Should I give you a mirror so you can take a good look at yourself?"

"Shi Shuang! You—"

Fu Rong Yu's face turned as black as the bottom of a pot with anger.

But with all the influential figures from the political and business worlds present, he couldn't afford to make a scene.

The items the Huo family put up for auction were indeed impressive, each one rivaling my painting in value.

Rong Jing lowered his gaze, casually playing with my fingers, embodying the image of a carefree playboy.

Whatever Fu Rong Yu bid on, Rong Jing would immediately outbid him.

In just an hour, he had already spent five billion.

When my painting finally appeared, I pressed down on Rong Jing's hand just as he was about to raise his paddle.

Rong Jing raised an eyebrow: "You don't want me to bid? I was just getting warmed up."

...I get it, you're rich!

Old Master Fu was a big fan of my work.

Because of the broken engagement and because of Lin Song Ya, Fu Rong Yu wasn't on good terms with the Fu family.

So he was definitely going to bid on this painting to win back Old Master Fu's favor.

Without the deep-pocketed Crown Prince stirring the pot, Fu Rong Yu's bidding went smoothly, and he soon secured the painting.

Congratulations to the male lead on obtaining an important plot item!

"Next up, we have a very special item from Mr. Huo's private collection—

"A Nine-Dragon Glass Cup from the Great Yao Dynasty."

My mind started buzzing.

I couldn't hear anything the auctioneer said after that.

Great Yao Dynasty? Nine-Dragon Glass Cup?

The pair of Nine-Dragon Glass Cups resting in the purple sandalwood box sparkled under the spotlight, reflecting brilliant colors.

How could something from the Great Yao Dynasty appear in this world?

And more importantly, I recognized them.

After the defeat of the Southern Night Kingdom, a collection of rare treasures had been offered in tribute.

Among them were these very Nine-Dragon Glass Cups.

Rong Jing had gifted them to me.

The chip on the rim...

Was from when I accidentally dropped it.

After finally calming my breath, I stared at the pair of glass cups and tugged on Rong Jing's sleeve: "Why are the cups you gave me here?"

Rong Jing gently squeezed my hand and replied calmly, "They do look quite similar."

"It's not just similar; they're the exact ones you gave me."

I raised my paddle to bid.

Lin Song Ya, following Fu Rong Yu's signal, also raised hers.

The pair of Nine-Dragon Glass Cups ended up fetching the highest price of the night.

I didn't have the money, but Rong Jing did.

The purple sandalwood box was heavy in my hands as it was delivered to me.

I took a deep breath, just about to open it, when a slender, strong hand rested on the lid.

Rong Jing's voice was soft: "Let's open it when we get home."

I stared at him, bewildered for a few seconds, then nodded.

One-third of tonight's auction proceeds will be donated to charitable organizations.

After the auction ended, Mr. Huo and Mrs. Huo took the stage.

Mrs. Huo, with her round almond eyes curved like crescent moons, looked straight at me:

"Thank you, Sisi, for choosing this event for your public debut. You're even more—"

She paused for dramatic effect, "—beautiful than I imagined."

She winked at me as she finished.

Now, even a dog would know that I was Sisi, and of course, Fu Rong Yu realized it too.

He stood frozen in place, as if the life had been drained out of him. His expression shifted from shock to a deep sense of loss, mingled with a complex mix of emotions.

As I was leaving the Huo residence, Fu Rong Yu stopped me: "Shi Shuang, why didn't you tell me earlier that you were Sisi?"

"Fu Rong Yu, I once gave you a painting. You didn't even look at it before throwing it away. Later, I retrieved it from the trash, cleaned it up, and sold it for thirty million.

"Oh, it's the one hanging in the Fu family's old mansion, The Sword and the Rose."

"If I had known you were Sisi, I wouldn't have... I wouldn't have treated you that way." Fu Rong Yu's voice grew softer, tinged with a faint sense of regret.

"President Fu, you really do have a thing for double standards, don't you? It's not okay for Shi Shuang, but it's fine for Sisi?"

Fu Rong Yu's silence was all the answer I needed.

I pointed towards Lin Song Ya, who was waiting nearby:

"Miss Lin is still waiting for you. Pregnant women shouldn't be out in the wind.

"You should cherish the person in front of you, President Fu."