Part 15

After that evening, Rong Jing and I tacitly chose to forget that evening.

We chose to forget about the storyline that was always on the verge of reaching its end.

We pretended that our future was still long, stretching far ahead.

We went to the newly opened amusement park, ate at century-old street food stalls, watched movies, and shopped at the supermarket...

We held hands and kissed under old streetlights.

We tangled ourselves in each other during the endless nights, consumed by passion, until nothing else existed.

The system remained offline for a long time.

That authoritative mechanical voice did not reappear either.

The plot that followed suddenly became open-ended.

To be honest, I still preferred spoilers.

Especially when I was unexpectedly kidnapped by Fu Rong Yu while out buying a birthday cake for Rong Jing.

Without any warning, I was knocked out by a rag pressed over my nose and mouth.

Before I lost consciousness, I saw the manic gleam in Fu Rong Yu's eyes.

It was a clear sign that something unexpected was about to happen.

I woke up on a rooftop, the wind chilling me awake.

Fu Rong Yu sat in front of me on a rickety chair, lighting a cigarette.

He stared at me through the swirling smoke for a long time.

"Shuang Shuang, you used to love me so much. I only made a small mistake, but I've turned back. Why won't you give me another chance?"

His gaze clung to my face like the venomous fangs of a snake—cold and full of danger.

At least take the tape off my mouth before asking questions!

My hands and feet were bound tightly with rough rope, leaving me unable to move.

Fu Rong Yu pulled out a folding knife and pressed it to my neck, the tip already piercing my skin.

"If I can't have you, then neither can Fu Rong Jing."

What era is this? Who still plays the "If I can't have you, no one can" card?

Help!

With a loud crash, the chains wrapped around the iron gate were forcibly broken.

The moment I saw Rong Jing, it felt like I was seeing light itself.

"Brother, let Shi Shuang go. Whatever you want, I can give it to you."

Fu Rong Yu yanked me up violently, and the knife pressed another centimeter deeper into my skin.

Hiss, the sharp pain of the cut sent a shiver through me.

His mocking laughter echoed in my ears: "Fu Rong Jing! Out of all the women in the world, you just had to go after the one I want! You're just like your filthy mother.

"You'll give me anything I want?

"Fine, then—I want your life!"

He then tossed the folding knife from my neck to the ground at Rong Jing's feet.

A vicious grin spread across Fu Rong Yu's face: "I don't need to tell you where to stab, do I? My dear brother."

I couldn't speak, so I shook my head frantically.

I watched in horror as Rong Jing calmly picked up the knife.

The hand that had held mine countless times gripped the handle, and without hesitation, he plunged it straight into his own heart.

The sound of the blade sinking into flesh was accompanied by a muffled groan.

Rong Jing's body wavered before collapsing to the ground.

He struggled to lift his head and looked at me one last time.

I couldn't hold back any longer—tears streamed down my face.

【Congratulations, Host, on completing the entire storyline. Initiating transfer now. In ten seconds, you will be transported to the next mission world.】

The cold, authoritative mechanical voice suddenly reappeared.

I clung to it like a lifeline, desperately pleading: 【Please, save Rong Jing. He's losing so much blood.】

【Host, you have no authority to interfere with life and death in the current world.】

My vision began to blur.

I was forcibly pulled out of that world.

I didn't even get the chance...

To say goodbye to Rong Jing.

On the first day in the new world, my system finally returned.

【Host, host, did you miss me?

【Um... I'm sorry. In the last world, I had a fight with the main god, and because of that, he got angry and messed up the storyline. I've already scolded him! I even got your 20 points back! This time, I carefully selected the mission for you! Just get ready to enjoy a good life!】

I looked around.

Dilapidated buildings, trash strewn everywhere, and a mutated rat napping on the sidewalk.

At the same time, new information popped into my head:

J52 Star, a slum in the Saivatan star system, with very poor security.

And my identity...?

Just to be sure, I checked again.

【The lost princess of the Icarus Empire, the most beautiful woman in the galaxy, an Omega with an undeveloped pheromone gland.】

The system calmly read out that line.

【Does that sound reasonable to you?】

But before the system could answer, a giant burlap sack descended from the sky.

Being too beautiful really is dangerous.

I was sold by a gambling addict on J52 Star to an interstellar trafficker.

Then, the trafficker sold me to the Alliance military for 5 million star coins.

Several alien servants held me down and forced me into a rather revealing outfit.

They then shoved me into a palace floating at the highest point of the military headquarters.

The heavy doors slowly closed behind me, but I could still hear whispers filtering through:

"The Commander, despite being a top-tier Alpha in the galaxy, refuses to mark any Omega. His pheromones are terrifyingly strong. I've heard that he's been increasing the dosage of suppressants during his recent heat cycles..."

"So the steward decided to bring in a pretty Beta to see if it works?"

"Yes! You know, a Beta can help an Alpha during heat without getting marked."

"But the Beta might not survive such a powerful Alpha. She could die."

Excuse me, how rude! I'm just an Omega with a slightly undeveloped pheromone gland.

I had just taken a step forward when a golden cup crashed down at my feet.

From the shadows deep within the palace came a frustrated, angry roar: "Get out! I don't need an Omega! Bring me the suppressants!"

The system chirped excitedly: 【Host, you're going to love the male lead in this world!】

I had no choice but to press on, step by step.

With every move, the overwhelming pheromones became even more intense.

Wait a minute... Why does this smell like...

Calming incense?

I sprinted toward the figure in the shadows, my heart pounding wildly.

Sure enough, I was met with a pair of familiar amber eyes.

The owner of those eyes saw me too.

His expression shifted from disbelief to joy, and he pulled me into his arms with an uncontrollable force.

Rong Jing buried his face in my neck, his breath quick and heavy: "Yang Yang, can I?"

Before I could answer, he had already found the gland at the back of my neck. His teeth broke the skin, marking me without hesitation.

As my consciousness began to fade, I heard the system's voice:

【Ahem, welcome to the interstellar smut novel world.

【This time, your main mission is—

【Fall in love with the male lead until the universe explodes.】

(The End)